2 years later, TLOU2 still sticks with me

Started by Legend, Jun 28, 2022, 05:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I think it might be my favorite AAA from the PS3 and PS4 gens. Sometimes it's a hard game to play due to the subject matter but that commitment to their vision really elevates it above other games.

That said, a specific flaw in the game has had the biggest impact on me. A specific room had non enemies mistakenly fight you, and no matter what I did I couldn't de-escalate. The enemy can be on the ground begging for their life but even then there's no way to talk to them. It really pulled me out of the experience since everything else was so realistic.

darkknightkryta

I think it might be my favorite AAA from the PS3 and PS4 gens. Sometimes it's a hard game to play due to the subject matter but that commitment to their vision really elevates it above other games.

That said, a specific flaw in the game has had the biggest impact on me. A specific room had non enemies mistakenly fight you, and no matter what I did I couldn't de-escalate. The enemy can be on the ground begging for their life but even then there's no way to talk to them. It really pulled me out of the experience since everything else was so realistic.
I think I know which room you're talking about.
I don't want to initiate any flame wars here, so I'm not going to respond to this, but I couldn't finish the game.   Not because of the content, but because after 16 hours of the story going nowhere, they decide to do a flashback right after a massive story point happened.  I literally turned it off at that point and never put it back on.
Glad you got the intended experience though.

Legend

I think I know which room you're talking about.
I don't want to initiate any flame wars here, so I'm not going to respond to this, but I couldn't finish the game.   Not because of the content, but because after 16 hours of the story going nowhere, they decide to do a flashback right after a massive story point happened.  I literally turned it off at that point and never put it back on.
Glad you got the intended experience though.
I get that. I really disliked the flashback structure too. The game was a slog to play through most of the time.

Not planning to replay it for a very long time.

Dr. Pezus

And I still haven't played it. How has it been 2 years

darkknightkryta

And I still haven't played it. How has it been 2 years
Covid caused a time warp.