God of War: Ragnarok |OT| 94 MC|OC Ragnarok is Here

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 31, 2021, 06:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

A lot to think about.

But I feel like it's rare that I enjoy a sequel this much.  

nnodley

A lot to think about.

But I feel like it's rare that I enjoy a sequel this much.  
TOTAL END GAME SPOILERS so don't click if you haven't finished

Spoiler for Hidden:
One of the only things that I'm disappointed in is the mask story not going anywhere. It was such a big push for Odin and it just goes nowhere. In a game with this much lore i felt that was a total cop out.  But the mask isn't really in Norse myths so sure maybe it didn't have to go anywhere, but it was a potential big twist or surprise they could have went with.

kitler53

dang guys,.. you all have reached the ending and it will take me another month before i do.  probably longer.   this is part of why i don't bother with day-1 games,... i can't participate in the conversation anyways even when i do buy a game day 1.  xD

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

dang guys,.. you all have reached the ending and it will take me another month before i do.  probably longer.   this is part of why i don't bother with day-1 games,... i can't participate in the conversation anyways even when i do buy a game day 1.  xD
Didn't you make a point some years ago that you play like an hour or two every day?

kitler53

Didn't you make a point some years ago that you play like an hour or two every day?

i do.

yesterday my schedule was:
- put the kids to bed at ~8
- take care of the trash/cat liter and recycling.  8-9.  i know an hour sounds long but i've got a bunch of boxes in the basement that i've been breaking down for months to get them all in the recycling and I needed to remove the packing tape and cut them up.  other nights it would be dishes or something else.  basically i do 1 hour of household chores a night to keep my house in order.
- eat xmas cookies 9-9:15
- play stray 9:15 to 10:15
- play multiversus 10:15-10:45
- watch an episode of wednesday 10:45 - 11:45
- check on stock futures 11:45 to 12:00
- go to bed

that's like 1.5 hours of gaming in there.   but like,.. i play a lot of services games i guess.  it used to be rocket league but now it is multiversus.   for a story game i typically get in about 1 hour a night.   ...but also i'm one of those gamers that likes to "do everything" so i look down every nook and cranny and do every side mission and break every box (when applicable).  i feel like 1 hour of my game play it more like 15-30 minutes of a "typical" gamer's gameplay.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Fair enough.
I just put in an hour to two of God of War. I guess overall I average about an hour 10 minutes a day.

the-pi-guy

I feel like animations are worse than expected.

I would say Santa Monica used to be pretty close to Naughty Dog visually. But I think The Last of Us Part II is still on another level visually.

(Don't get me wrong, I still think God of War is gorgeous overall. But there are a surprising number of rough edges. )

Legend

I feel like animations are worse than expected.

I would say Santa Monica used to be pretty close to Naughty Dog visually. But I think The Last of Us Part II is still on another level visually.

(Don't get me wrong, I still think God of War is gorgeous overall. But there are a surprising number of rough edges. )
True. Downgrade from tlou2 during gameplay and downgrade from horizon 2 during cutscenes.

But I just saw some pretty good climbing animations, so that's nice.

nnodley

There are some truly amazing looking sections in ragnarok. Then there are some that are still amazing, but should have been way better.  The amount of detail in the game though is pretty stunning.

Legend

I have no idea how my game is so glitchy compared to you guys.

Had one minor boss randomly die while its health was near full. Saved it to a clip since it was so funky. Also got my dog cart stuck on the wrong side of a barrier. Had to walk everywhere.

the-pi-guy

I have no idea how my game is so glitchy compared to you guys.
Do you have the patches downloaded?

Maybe you're physical copy is busted.

nnodley

yeah i've played close to 50 hours and had 1 or 2.  I did have another after i posted where a mini boss disappeared after I shot at it. But just checkpoint restart fixed.

Dr. Pezus

Sooo I still haven't bought it. Is it a must buy?

the-pi-guy

If you like God of War, then yeah.

Legend

Do you have the patches downloaded?

Maybe you're physical copy is busted.
I'm on the latest patch and ps5 plays off the hard drive so it shouldn't be that.
yeah i've played close to 50 hours and had 1 or 2.  I did have another after i posted where a mini boss disappeared after I shot at it. But just checkpoint restart fixed.
It's no cyberpunk 2077 and I'll go hours without glitches, but I can't think of another Sony game that was this bad. I'm around 30 hours.

You've had fewer glitches but that still sounds worse than I'd expect for a big Sony game.
I like a lot about it and I dislike a few things about it. Needs a strong ending for me to call it a must buy.

Go Up