Horizon Forbidden West |OT| it's out

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 03, 2021, 02:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Horizon

It's funny that both the first and second games have a very similar structure like that. Smallish tutorial zone, medium mid game zone, and big end game zone. It works well enough imo but it made me dislike returning to old zones.
Yeah I have not gone back to the daunt in ages but the rest of the map is so large it doesn't matter.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

kitler53

at a glance that looks great but as i watch it more,.. the clouds are disappearing as you approach them.  it's quite visible on the right side.   so i take it you can't actually fly into the clouds?   not bad for a first attempt but certainly room to improve.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

at a glance that looks great but as i watch it more,.. the clouds are disappearing as you approach them.  it's quite visible on the right side.   so i take it you can't actually fly into the clouds?   not bad for a first attempt but certainly room to improve.
That'd be a silly limitation to have so I wouldn't assume it's the cause, but either way I agree that the disappearing clouds don't look good.

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Easy win.

Don't think anything else comes close.

the-pi-guy

Quite a few changes the sequel made.

Medicinal berries are now discrete objects. This is nice because now you frequently have the ability to find them in chests. It felt a bit awkward in the first game that there is a button dedicated to healing with the berries, but they also made it semi-difficult to stock up. Towards the end you need something like 16 to fill up. And that's frequently a lot depending on what you are doing.

I'm not sure if it's actually true but it feels like they made humans more difficult and I'm not really a fan of that. At the very least the face masks make them more difficult. It felt like a nice change of pace when you had lots of enemies that were incredibly easy to take down individually. But that feels a little less true here.

Items are now hidden during play without focus use is a neat touch.

the-pi-guy

Get to know the Quen of Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores

darkknightkryta

Should I wait for the PC port to continue?  I think I'm near the end, but at the same time, I can't play the DLC when it comes out.

Legend

Get to know the Quen of Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores

Hol up why did they do a close up of the farmer dropping the kelp ball or whatever underwater? It drops like a rock; absolutely no water resistance or bouncy.

Before that scene came up I was going to comment on how I love Horizon's settlements and cities.
Should I wait for the PC port to continue?  I think I'm near the end, but at the same time, I can't play the DLC when it comes out.
Do you prefer playing on pc?

kitler53

Hol up why did they do a close up of the farmer dropping the kelp ball or whatever underwater? It drops like a rock; absolutely no water resistance or bouncy.
meanwhile at Nintendo...

Legend

meanwhile at Nintendo...

That's a core feature of the new game and it's internally consistent with the rest of zelda's world.

Meanwhile the funny thing here is that they prominently featured this unimportant flaw in the Horizon trailer. I wouldn't expect the devs to go back and change it but I really wouldn't expect marketing to zoom in on it hahaha.

kitler53

That's a core feature of the new game and it's internally consistent with the rest of zelda's world.

Meanwhile the funny thing here is that they prominently featured this unimportant flaw in the Horizon trailer. I wouldn't expect the devs to go back and change it but I really wouldn't expect marketing to zoom in on it hahaha.
I don't think you get me,..

GG has made an amazingly gorgeous and detailed game with you come along with some incredible petty nit pick for not having a full 100% recreation of all scientific phenomenon...

meanwhile Nintendo can even manage grass, mountains, or shadows at a PS2 competency. 

Go Up