Anthem: bet on the metacritic 60 mc (61 reviews) 60 oc (54 reviews)

Started by Legend, Feb 16, 2019, 06:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Xevross

Feb 21, 2019, 10:50 AM Last Edit: Feb 21, 2019, 11:14 AM by Xevross
So the day one patch fixed a lot of bugs and improved load times but also introduced quite a few new bugs it seems. People who were clinging to hope that the patch would fix the game were totally wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/asw3e5/day_zero_patch_bugs_megathread/

And a 5/10 from Gaming Bolt https://gamingbolt.com/anthem-review-the-songs-we-sing

Dr. Pezus

So the day one patch fixed a lot of bugs and improved load times but also introduced quite a few new bugs it seems. People who were clinging to hope that the patch would fix the game were totally wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/asw3e5/day_zero_patch_bugs_megathread/

And a 5/10 from Gaming Bolt https://gamingbolt.com/anthem-review-the-songs-we-sing
The dream is dead

Xevross

Some very good points here. This type of game seems like the dream mesh of genres. I remember when Destiny was first announced and my hype was beyond belief, but this is just so true of all of these games at launch. Destiny 2 forsaken is apparently a brilliant game, Bungie have found the way to make it work. As have Ubi with The Division, which is in a great state now. Warframe is one of the most loved games now as well. Yet Anthem has learned nothing from these games and is launching possibly even worse than any of them, making the same mistakes they did with some new even worse mistakes.

Xevross

5.5/10 from PC gamer, 7/10 from Digital Fix.

Opencritic is down to 62 after 10 scored reviews. Meta is on 67 after 8 reviews.

Xevross

fudgy lol.

PS. Meta is down to 65.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Dylan?
The game was called Project Dylan until they officially named in Anthem for its reveal in 2017. PS4 dashboard still thinks its called Project Dylan. I can't remember why exactly it was called Dylan, something to do with Bob Dylan?

Xevross

Anthem Review - IGN

6.5/10 from IGN, and this reviewer seemed more positive than most. Yeah, this ain't hitting 70.

Legend

I'm watching the giant bomb video and will just post some impressions as I go through.

Nice looking city.

Entering the exoskeleton should be seamless with the mission select stuff popping up as a first person hologram/HUD so that it feels like you really walked into the thing.

I like the look of the map. HZD 3D.

Oh gosh it is slow to load.

I really really dislike the exoskeleton just being a marker in the city. They aren't even trying to make it feel like it's anything more than a menu popup button.

Flying looks dope and the world looks great from afar.

Gameplay sure flows like destiny from fight to fight.

Story is non existent feeling.

I understand the scores.

Xevross

2/5 from The Guardian
2.5/5 from Fandom
6/10 from Metro GameCentral
5/10 from PC Invasion
7.6/10 from Everyeye.it (first positive)
7/10 from 3D Juegos
etc...

59 on opencritic now (16 scored reviews), 62 on metacritic (18 reviews).

Dr. Pezus

2/5 from The Guardian
2.5/5 from Fandom
6/10 from Metro GameCentral
5/10 from PC Invasion
7.6/10 from Everyeye.it (first positive)
7/10 from 3D Juegos
etc...

59 on opencritic now (16 scored reviews), 62 on metacritic (18 reviews).
Just wow

It's dead

BananaKing

Shame. If they did this game as a single player with the same concept in world desgin and gameplay it would have been much better IMO. But EA killed this project it seems.

I wonder why these games take so much time to develop and make content for.

Xevross

Shame. If they did this game as a single player with the same concept in world desgin and gameplay it would have been much better IMO. But EA killed this project it seems.

I wonder why these games take so much time to develop and make content for.
Yeah I imagine Bioware's original vision would have had this much more similar to their older games, with a proper story.

It must have gone through some severe development hell to have this little content, most of it fairly low quality, after 6 years of dev.

BananaKing

Yeah I imagine Bioware's original vision would have had this much more similar to their older games, with a proper story.

It must have gone through some severe development hell to have this little content, most of it fairly low quality, after 6 years of dev.
Destiny and The Division suffered same issues. Low content at launch. But they both had top notch gameplay.

This is following the same steps that both those first games had. Though after Destiny 2, and The Divisions updates which made it a really strong game. So anthem looks much worse.

Go Up