General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

Legend

https://quixel.com/blog/2019/11/12/quixel-joins-forces-with-epic-games

game-fudgy-changer!!!
That's pretty cool. Epic is really trying to secure their position on top before Fortnite fades.

the-pi-guy

*opens Reddit*

What in tarnation...

Legend

*opens Reddit*

What in tarnation...
Did it force you on to the new design?

the-pi-guy

Nov 16, 2019, 05:02 AM Last Edit: Nov 16, 2019, 05:05 AM by the-pi-guy
Did it force you on to the new design?
Not forced. I am set up to get the new designs, but this is just eh. Now there are avatars next to comments and a handful of minor design changes. 

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Headphones-Lightweight-Foldable/dp/B076HPB1HQ?th=1&psc=1

Thinking to get these.  I'm not really an audiophile so I'm not sure what's good. 
These sound a lot better than any sound devices I've ever had.  Pretty happy.

I'm not really a fan of headphones.  They usually make my ears warm.  But I also don't like earphones...

Wireless is cool too.

the-pi-guy

I know no one cares about the headphones...  

But it's just weird listening to a song I've listened to dozens of times before and hearing sounds in it I've never heard before.  

Like the song Arms Wide Open apparently starts with a few seconds of a heart beat.  

It's also weird hearing a door open in a video, and not being sure if it came from the video or an actual door in the room I'm in...  That happened too.

Legend

I know no one cares about the headphones...  

But it's just weird listening to a song I've listened to dozens of times before and hearing sounds in it I've never heard before.  

Like the song Arms Wide Open apparently starts with a few seconds of a heart beat.  

It's also weird hearing a door open in a video, and not being sure if it came from the video or an actual door in the room I'm in...  That happened too.
I love stuff like that!

Headphones are annoying but man can they make things sound nice. Super important for video editing too.

the-pi-guy

Kinda unbelievable to me, but I saw someone spend an extra $40 so they could get a non-smart TV.  They didn't have Internet so they didn't want the Roku TV and opted for a more expensive one.  

Xevross

Kinda unbelievable to me, but I saw someone spend an extra $40 so they could get a non-smart TV.  They didn't have Internet so they didn't want the Roku TV and opted for a more expensive one.  
Did the smart TV require internet to use basic features?

the-pi-guy

Did the smart TV require internet to use basic features?
I do not believe so.
It is possible though.  

the-pi-guy

Article: "The best phones for every budget"...  Starting at $300+.  

the-pi-guy

Article: "The best phones for every budget"...  Starting at $300+.  
Got a new phone.  

Bigly. Huge screen, lot of memory and storage .

Dr. Pezus

Got a new phone.  

Bigly. Huge screen, lot of memory and storage .
Sounds like any phone nowadays lulz. Model?

the-pi-guy

Dec 19, 2019, 02:18 AM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2019, 02:21 AM by the-pi-guy
Sounds like any phone nowadays lulz. Model?
Moto G7.

My old phone was 3 years old. Moto G4 Play. 
We spent a bit more on this, and it's 3 years newer.

Just kind of magical. 

the-pi-guy

I think it's funny when you see a story on Reddit and people say it's fake and they give reasons like X,Y,Z.  

But then you have personal experience with X happening.  

It's like the same evidence that makes it obviously fake for one person makes it easier to believe for another.  

Go Up