Battle of the Backlog

Started by Legend, Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Finished Her Story. Cool ideas. A lot to think about from a game design point of view.

Legend

Finished The Turing Test. Pretty good but held back by some baffling bad elements. Like just an extra week of work could have brought it from a C+ to an B+ imo.

Spoiler for what I'm talking about.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Dear god the loading screens are trash. You are walking and out of nowhere poof the game cuts to black, has a super basic load screen, and then pops back in with you in a different location.<br><br>An extremely simple fade to black with text signifying a short passage of time would have done wonders. With a bit more time, could have had elevators like Portal.<br><br><br>It was so bad that I based my entire game theory around it lol.<br>

Outside of that the game also had a couple incredibly good moments. Was very glad I played it because it simultaneously impressed and disappointed.

Dr. Pezus

Almost got the rocket league platinum. Pretty easy play, didn't know I was so close. I only play the game occasionally.

DerNebel

So I got the Uncharted 4 platinum, making this my 6th platinum... of the year. I seriously hope 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim (what a name) later this month is good, cause otherwise I'm dry until the PS5 comes out (assuming I'm able to get one, lol)...

The only things I have in my "backlog" are FFXV and Astral Chain. But I'd say that it'd be more fitting to say they are in my gaming graveyard as they both bored me to tears and will never be finished by me.

kitler53

Finished The Turing Test. Pretty good but held back by some baffling bad elements. Like just an extra week of work could have brought it from a C+ to an B+ imo.

it's on my list.  for a puzzle game fanatic give me a simple yes or no.   should i play it?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

it's on my list.  for a puzzle game fanatic give me a simple yes or no.   should i play it?
Yes.

Don't know how much you'll like it but it does interesting things. Have you played their previous game Pneuma Breath of Life?

kitler53

Yes.

Don't know how much you'll like it but it does interesting things. Have you played their previous game Pneuma Breath of Life?
also on my list.   sequel or just another game from the same studio?

i've been waiting for any sort of a sale on these but thus far have not seen them.   eventually i'll break down and buy them at full price because as i've said i play almost literally every puzzle game as it is my favorite genre.

Legend

also on my list.   sequel or just another game from the same studio?

i've been waiting for any sort of a sale on these but thus far have not seen them.   eventually i'll break down and buy them at full price because as i've said i play almost literally every puzzle game as it is my favorite genre.
Pneuma is unrelated and isn't as good imo.

Which puzzle games have you played?

the-pi-guy

also on my list.   sequel or just another game from the same studio?

i've been waiting for any sort of a sale on these but thus far have not seen them.   eventually i'll break down and buy them at full price because as i've said i play almost literally every puzzle game as it is my favorite genre.
May I recommend Twisty Puzzle Simulator.  

Newish game by an indie developer.  Rhymes with Vizio Neck, you know the cheaper TVs.

kitler53

May I recommend Twisty Puzzle Simulator.  

Newish game by an indie developer.  Rhymes with Vizio Neck, you know the cheaper TVs.
not my kind of puzzle game.  sorry.

the-pi-guy

not my kind of puzzle game.  sorry.
I'm more of a fan of Sony Neck TVs myself.  

kitler53

Pneuma is unrelated and isn't as good imo.

Which puzzle games have you played?
this gen probably not quite a much.  i feel like last gen more were released.   but with respect to this gen (or at least in my ps4's library):

played:
broken age
escape plan
death squared
fez
four sided fantasy
gorogoa
grim fandango remastered
hob
hohokum
hue
moss
mousecraft
obduction
Q.U.B.E.
Statik
the bridge
the swapper
the talos principle (+ the expansion)
the witness
typoman
unmechanical
unravel

backlog:
gnog
torn

wishlisted:
ghost giant
minifold garden
trover saves the universe
outer wilds
the turing test
pneuma breath of life

puzzle games not on ps4 that i can remember off the top of my head or with light googling:
myst
riven
exile
portal
portal 2
quantum conundrum
braid
echochrome 
echochrome 2
machinarium
dokuro
murisaka's babay
sam and max (everything on ps3.  i think there were around 5 games)
actually i played almost every tall tell game on ps3.  it was a bit much to be honest.  kind of got tired of them by the end of the gen.
professor layton
zack and wiki
boom blox
world of goo

Legend

this gen probably not quite a much.  i feel like last gen more were released.   but with respect to this gen (or at least in my ps4's library):

played:
broken age
escape plan
death squared
fez
four sided fantasy
gorogoa
grim fandango remastered
hob
hohokum
hue
moss
mousecraft
obduction
Q.U.B.E.
Statik
the bridge
the swapper
the talos principle (+ the expansion)
the witness
typoman
unmechanical
unravel

backlog:
gnog
torn

wishlisted:
ghost giant
minifold garden
trover saves the universe
outer wilds
the turing test
pneuma breath of life

puzzle games not on ps4 that i can remember off the top of my head or with light googling:
myst
riven
exile
portal
portal 2
quantum conundrum
braid
echochrome
echochrome 2
machinarium
dokuro
murisaka's babay
sam and max (everything on ps3.  i think there were around 5 games)
actually i played almost every tall tell game on ps3.  it was a bit much to be honest.  kind of got tired of them by the end of the gen.
professor layton
zack and wiki
boom blox
world of goo

You have to play Stephen's Sausage Roll. I gave up halfway through; do not make the same mistake.

kitler53

You have to play Stephen's Sausage Roll. I gave up halfway through; do not make the same mistake.
I read a review.  "the dark souls of puzzle games" does sound interesting.  I don't have any pc however. 

Legend

I read a review.  "the dark souls of puzzle games" does sound interesting.  I don't have any pc however.
Haha that's a good description. Like Dark Souls it does a lot behind the scenes to teach you, but on the surface it's extremely inaccessible. Nobody is going to buy this game without being a hard core puzzle fan.

Go play it at a library if your local ones are open  8)

Go Up