PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I think (and there really isn't much reason to think so) that Sony will announce it before GDC.

They've been on a sweep to trademark which doesn't mean much of anything.  

And someone verified to work at Sony on Era said "I plead the Febth". Which also doesn't mean anything. Probably doesn't know yet.

But 3 things that mean nothing might mean something together.  ???

Legend

I think news has to come soonish for all the reasons people state. The real question is the amount of news.

E3+meeting sized blowout, state of play, youtube trailer, or another article. How much are we going to get before MS's E3 and how will it be spread out?

the-pi-guy

Price of the PlayStation 5 hasn't been determined yet. CFO says company is working with many unknowns, including it's competitor's plans | ResetEra

Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
During the company's third quarter earnings call on Tuesday, senior EVP and CFO Totoki was asked how the company intends to achieve his stated aim of a "smooth transition" to the next console generation.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
The questioner asked which factors Sony can control, such as marketing and development costs, and what the invisible elements are that make things tricky.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
"First, we must absolutely control the labour cost, the personnel cost, it must be controlled," Totoki said. "And the initial ramp up, how much can we prepare initially, we will work on the production and the sales and we will have to prepare the right volume as we launch this.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
"What is not very clear or visible is because we are competing in the space, so it's very difficult to discuss anything about the price at this point of time, and depending upon the price level, we may have to determine the promotion that we are going to deploy and how much costs we are prepared to pay.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
"So it's a question of balance," Totoki continued, "and because it's a balancing act it's very difficult to say anything concrete at this point of time, but when I said smooth transition, we mean that we will definitely choose the optimal approach and that we will try to have the best balance so that we will be profitable in the life, during the life of this product."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
[/quote][/size]

the-pi-guy

It's an interesting comment because it suggests that Sony didn't just make a console with a price point in mind.  Instead they are really looking to compete.

the-pi-guy

Feb 04, 2020, 05:16 PM Last Edit: Feb 04, 2020, 05:19 PM by the-pi-guy
I believe this is new.

PlayStation 5 is coming | Sign up for PS5 details | PlayStation

Really feels like Sony is gearing up for a show

Xevross

Man so many people on Era reading way too much into that statement on the new website. It literally just means its not being announced yet. They could update it tomorrow, it could be in May... no way to tell. idk why people are going so crazy over this, it will be announced when Sony think the time is right and its an October/November release regardless.

it really winds me up when some people try to say Sony are dropping the ball and shame like that because they're hiding too much. Like do people not remember the PS4 launch? At this point Sony didn't even acknowledge PS4's existence and PS4 went on to be the biggest console launch ever and 2nd biggest console ever overall. Sony have already given us a lot of details about PS5 in comparison.... Since 2013 the culture has moved towards announcing things like this closer to release, so I'd argue that if you can criticize Sony's strategy in any way it might be that they've shown too much up to this point.

the-pi-guy

it really winds me up when some people try to say Sony are dropping the ball and shame like that because they're hiding too much. Like do people not remember the PS4 launch? At this point Sony didn't even acknowledge PS4's existence and PS4 went on to be the biggest console launch ever and 2nd biggest console ever overall. Sony have already given us a lot of details about PS5 in comparison.... Since 2013 the culture has moved towards announcing things like this closer to release, so I'd argue that if you can criticize Sony's strategy in any way it might be that they've shown too much up to this point.
Me too.

Like that Era thread about "Sony's silence".  What on Earth are you people talking about?! Sony has been ridiculously talkative about this gen.  
PS4 wasn't even announced yet.
Switch was announced some months before release too.

Legend

Me too.

Like that Era thread about "Sony's silence".  What on Earth are you people talking about?! Sony has been ridiculously talkative about this gen.  
PS4 wasn't even announced yet.
Switch was announced some months before release too.
I agree with that silence thread since it's about PS4 mostly.

PS5 though? Exactly as Xev said.

I think the wired posts were a mistake and Microsoft has been too eager to get good will from XSX. So many great games will come out this year for ps4/xbo yet unlike 2012, all eyes are already on next gen.

Dr. Pezus

I agree with that silence thread since it's about PS4 mostly.

PS5 though? Exactly as Xev said.

I think the wired posts were a mistake and Microsoft has been too eager to get good will from XSX. So many great games will come out this year for ps4/xbo yet unlike 2012, all eyes are already on next gen.

Well it's a good thing next gen is backwards compatible. That might be sonys thinking.

the-pi-guy

Shu finally speaks about PS5:

the-pi-guy

Weird PS ad.  
You know what that means!

Legend

Get ready for ps2 ads lol

Legend

Youtube link for people wanting higher quality pixels.

the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-worldwide-studios-ot6-the-only-jrpgs-were-getting-are-jim-ryan-party-gifs.158292/page-375#post-29214141
Champions League has returned and Sony doesn't have PS4 ads anymore, now it's just the white PlayStation logo in a blue background.

Apparently it's a sign of starting a new ad campaign.  Might be a sign PS5 ads are starting soon.  

Feels like more (albeit circumstantial) evidence of PS5 showing soon.  

Dr. Pezus

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-worldwide-studios-ot6-the-only-jrpgs-were-getting-are-jim-ryan-party-gifs.158292/page-375#post-29214141

Apparently it's a sign of starting a new ad campaign.  Might be a sign PS5 ads are starting soon.  

Feels like more (albeit circumstantial) evidence of PS5 showing soon.  
4 days

Go Up