How long till Sony makes a misstep with PS5? How about Microsoft with XSX?

Started by Legend, Jan 08, 2020, 06:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Last gen with PS4 they handled everything so perfectly. I don't recall a single issue/misstep till launch with Knack and Killzone review scores. That was of course followed up with a lack of good games to play for a while.

Meanwhile Xbox One had mistake after misstep after misstep until things mostly calmed right before launch.

So now that we are on the cusp of PS5's and XSX's marketing rollout, what do you expect?

Here are some quick categories to help organize our thoughts.

Name reveal
Power reveal
Price reveal
Design reveal
Aligning with core gamers and player interests
Game reveals

kitler53

i expect price to be problematic for both of these consoles.  i expect ms to disappoint at least with their next gen announcements while sony really ought to shine.  name reveal already happened so we already know ms didn't do great and sony was a complete non-surprise.  ms probably can't/won't do anything special/terrible with their OS since they are on such a "windows 10" thing but sony has a chance to either hit it out of the park or fail miserably.  xbox was ugly but that ps5 dev kit leak is waaay uglier.  

all and all i don't expect any massive missteps like the Xbox One had from either company.  price is the most likely thing to fudge up,.. i really hope they are targeting too high.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I'd say it's safe to say PS5 is joining the rocky start club thanks to the confusion around their PC plans. A good official response could make this a non issue but right now fans don't know what to think.

Also Xbox has had some poor messaging with no next gen exclusives.