March NPD Thread!! PS4 has worst March ever.

Started by Dr. Pezus, Apr 16, 2015, 03:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Yeah CoD is bigger
   Halo -7
CoD - 8-9 just on Xbox. 

Legend

Yeah CoD is bigger
   Halo -7
CoD - 8-9 just on Xbox. 

Halo 3 - 8ish
Modern Warfare(same year) - 6ish

Dr. Pezus

Halo 3 - 8ish

lol, weird comparison. CoD is much bigger now than it was back then and Halo smaller and has lost bungie

Legend

lol, weird comparison. CoD is much bigger now than it was back then and Halo smaller and has lost bungie

360 has a much bigger install base now. Comparing recent CODs to Halo 3 wouldn't be that fair would it?

Also most people don't even know Bungie left.

darkknightkryta

Halo 3 - 8ish

Except Modern Warfare was a sequel to a practically dead IP.  They were lucky that Modern Warefare was popular as it was, or else there'd be no Call of Duty still.  But it was still a sequel to a mediocre franchise vs a sequel to a well selling/established franchise.  Comparison isn't really fair....

Dr. Pezus

360 has a much bigger install base now. Comparing recent CODs to Halo 3 wouldn't be that fair would it?

install base hardly matters with Halo. See Halo 3 to 4 decline

Legend

install base hardly matters with Halo. See Halo 3 to 4 decline

Cause Halo 4 sucked.

Also I updated my sig, since we all know it's true.

the-pi-guy

Halo 4 - 6.5
CoD - 8
Of the same year. 
Halo 4 had the bigger platform, over 3.  Wouldn't be as affected by reception as you think.  Because usually its the game after that mostly gets affected unless reviews are really bad. 
Plus Halo 3 has been out for years which is a bonus. 

the-pi-guy

Cause Halo 4 sucked.

Also I updated my sig, since we all know it's true.

From a critic point of view, Halo 4 was very positive.  So user reception will be based more on their experience.  In order to experience it they'd need to buy and play it. 
Friends might dissuade them from a game, but I expect this to be minor. 
If Halo 4 is as bad as you say it is, Halo 5 isn't going to do as well as it could particularly after MCC and its troubles. 

ethomaz

CoD 360 > Halo

There is no evidence to even think otherwise.

It is like to say GTA is smaller than Halo too lol

Max King of the Wild

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7227765

Yeah, let's see.

XB1 price then: $500
XB1 price now: $349 with games

PS4 price then: $400
PS4 price now: $400

And yet, PS4 is down by even less than XB1. I call that amazing
you forgot to mention that sony was still selling ps4s as fast as they could ship them in march. Being down from a situation like that isn't bad. However, MS being down when they had trouble selling their system even with one of the biggest games of the year on their platform... Not so good

Go Up