Black Tusk Studios renamed to "The Coalition"

Started by Legend, Jun 03, 2015, 05:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

What about "The War Room". I can only imagine what would happen if some devs in the company started fighting. "No fighting in The War Room"
Maybe I'm the only one that gets the reference but whateva!
I think I get the reference...

Anyway they should have been called Cole Train Studios.

Dr. Pezus

I think I get the reference...

Anyway they should have been called Cole Train Studios.
No Fighting In The War Room - The Call of Duty Wiki - Black Ops II, Ghosts, and more!

Nah it was actually a reference to Dr. Strangelove

the-pi-guy

What about "The War Room". I can only imagine what would happen if some devs in the company started fighting. "No fighting in The War Room"
Maybe I'm the only one that gets the reference but whateva!
Youtube has the answer.  

Legend

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

This MS decision with this studio are questionable. First they can their game they've been working on for 2 year to take over the gears series  Which leads me to believe that the game wasn't any good. and rather than finish and then start gears they just tossed it aside. Then, out of the entire gears of war universe they decided to pick such a sorry name. Hammer of dawn would have been a much better name and should be recognised by the gears fan base. Which also leads me to believe if they couldn't pull a better name from their lore then how the hell are they going to make a good gears game?

Legend

This MS decision with this studio are questionable. First they can their game they've been working on for 2 year to take over the gears series  Which leads me to believe that the game wasn't any good. and rather than finish and then start gears they just tossed it aside. Then, out of the entire gears of war universe they decided to pick such a sorry name. Hammer of dawn would have been a much better name and should be recognised by the gears fan base. Which also leads me to believe if they couldn't pull a better name from their lore then how the heck are they going to make a good gears game?
I find it strange that both TC and 343 are named after obscure things in their franchises. Like is it supposed to be something fun for core fans to notice or what?

DerNebel

Things like that are exactly why MS is a shaming publisher compared to Sony. You make a popular game for MS? Congratulations, your company is now going to keep working on that franchise until its dead. Your company doesn't want to make that franchise anymore? Then you can leave, they'll just open their own studio to continue the franchise until it's dead.

Think about it, in that last 5 years I can only think of 3 Sony studios that have not made a new IP, are making a new IP, or got a shot at a new IP: Sucker Punch (might be doing one now, though I kinda doubt it though), GG Cambridge (has to probably proof itself on the big screen before they get a shot a new IP I guess) and PD (considering how long they at times take to make their games, which indicates a pretty big degree of freedom, it seems that they genuinely want to stick with GT) . Everybody else has gotten a shot at a new IP, most of which are AAA.

I'm not saying every new game from every dev has to be a new IP, but seriously give your devs the chance to "reinvent" themselves every couple years, it keeps creativity alive.

Ludicrous Speed

And in pretty much every case where a dev is working on a new AAA IP, they'd spent the last 6+ years working on multiple iterations of the same hit franchise for Sony. Yet MS is supposed to allow a dev to do that right off the bat.

When SSM's new IP was killed off and they were moved back to yet another God of War title people assumed it probably just wasn't any good. Yet people treat the new Black Tusk canceled IP as if it was going to be stellar. Maybe MS figured it wouldn't be worth it?

As for Coalition being religated to Gears forever, bump this thread in 6-7 years of they have not released or began working on a new IP and I will eat some delicious crow.

Legend

As for Coalition being religated to Gears forever, bump this thread in 6-7 years of they have not released or began working on a new IP and I will eat some delicious crow.
Sure things change, but the studio head is literally saying they will only do Gears for the foreseeable future. Why should we disagree with him?

kitler53

Jun 04, 2015, 01:05 AM Last Edit: Jun 04, 2015, 01:09 AM by kitler53
And in pretty much every case where a dev is working on a new AAA IP, they'd spent the last 6+ years working on multiple iterations of the same hit franchise for Sony. Yet MS is supposed to allow a dev to do that right off the bat.

When SSM's new IP was killed off and they were moved back to yet another God of War title people assumed it probably just wasn't any good. Yet people treat the new Black Tusk canceled IP as if it was going to be stellar. Maybe MS figured it wouldn't be worth it?

they will be i promise.  unlike bungie the coalition doesn't have the freedom to leave ms in order to gain some creative control. 6-7 years and its still gears or a killed studio.

anyways.  pretty much why i never cared for ms first party.  halo, forza, fable, gears and repeat.  oh yeah, and add in some third party "exclusives" for a bit of variety.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Aura7541

This generation will already be over in 6-7 years...

Mmm_fish_tacos

They've spoke out on twitter and said they'll only work on gears. They will not make a new game, until they drive it into the ground. And if the first one isn't any good they'll be gone before they can screw it up again.

Ludicrous Speed

I'm not buying enthusiasm on twitter day one of a new endeavor as evidence of anything other than that. But if their Gears games are good, then IDGAF if they never make anything else.

Legend

They've spoke out on twitter and said they'll only work on gears. They will not make a new game, until they drive it into the ground. And if the first one isn't any good they'll be gone before they can screw it up again.
Wait your turn Mr. Tacos!

Me, kitler, and Aura are already in line waiting for potential replies.

Go Up