General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Something to add, a lot of people think that the check reader reads the whole check.  
Check reader?

the-pi-guy

Xevross

cheque for the non-Americans.
Yeah we know that, but why on Earth does a walmart have a cheque reader? ;D

the-pi-guy

Yeah we know that, but why on Earth does a walmart have a cheque reader? ;D
A lot of old people still use a lot of cheques.
They suck, tbh.

Xevross

A lot of old people still use a lot of cheques.
They suck, tbh.
God dang America, I had no idea cheques in shops were ever a thing. Only cheques I see nowadays are when my grandma wants to gift me a decent amount of money. Cheques are just annoying.

At least all of your card readers are contactless right?

the-pi-guy

At least all of your card readers are contactless right?
They support it, very few people have contactless cards though.  Slowly moving toward it though.  

Legend

Y'all need to do more business stuff. Checks are the default way to handle payments.

Xevross

Y'all need to do more business stuff. Checks are the default way to handle payments.
Bank transfers?

Legend

Bank transfers?
Bank transfers are common for some things, for example my game profits are wired directly, but checks are still pretty popular for service payments.

Xevross

Bank transfers are common for some things, for example my game profits are wired directly, but checks are still pretty popular for service payments.
dang, so much wasted paper.

idk what its like for big businesses here but my Dad's estate agency businesses pay all services with bank transfers, no cheques anywhere. iirc they don't accept rent from tenants as cheques either, has to be cash or bank transfer.

the-pi-guy

dang, so much wasted paper.

idk what its like for big businesses here but my Dad's estate agency businesses pay all services with bank transfers, no cheques anywhere. iirc they don't accept rent from tenants as cheques either, has to be cash or bank transfer.
Here a lot of that stuff is usually by cheque.  

Dr. Pezus

I don't think cheques even exist here anymore lol

the-pi-guy

On another note.
A lot of people don't realize how ambiguous they can be.

I work on the cigarettes sometimes.  And people will point at the wall of cigarettes and say "I want that one".  I don't know if it's just me, but I have a hard time understanding pointing, even moreso when pointing at a box 8 feet away.

And today there was a lady, who had a couple of things on the counter already, and she had a few things in her hand.  And the first thing she says is "not that one".  And she repeats it 2 or 3 times. 

Which is that one?  What do you mean "not that one"?  Do you want me to wait to scan it?  Do you not want it?  Something else? 

The really frustrating part about this is that people get frustrated if you can't understand their ambiguous sentence. 

Legend

It'll get there eventually I'm sure.

A lot of the electronics that the store uses are pretty old.  
My store literally had an old monitor (natural reference picture  ;D  )
Vintage CRT computer monitor with black screen isolated on white background Stock Photo - 113609979
That was used for the front desk.  Even had the login screen burned into it.  

It only got replaced like a year ago.  There's still an older TV that shows the Electronics department.  It actually has the aisles burned into it.

There have been a lot of updates recently.  Especially the scanners.  Now they are more like mobile phones that connect to the store's wifi.  

These were the old ones.

These are the new ones

Zebra TC70 Touch Computer - TC700H-KC11ES-IA

Hobby lobbys don't even have scanners lol.

the-pi-guy

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Headphones-Lightweight-Foldable/dp/B076HPB1HQ?th=1&psc=1

Thinking to get these.  I'm not really an audiophile so I'm not sure what's good.  

Go Up