PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Pezus is a wizard. 
The reveal will be the same thing he dreamt. 

Yep, brutal. Lol

Dr. Pezus

I just wish Sony would try harder.  :(

SCEJ does, and SCEE to an extent. I don't remember a game from SCEA since the launch window (ports not counted)

the-pi-guy

SCEJ does, and SCEE to an extent. I don't remember a game from SCEA since the launch window (ports not counted)

Yep, I knows. 
But SCEA is where a lot of the action is. 

Raven

Me too. The reason Vita is selling abysmally in NA is that SCEA has completely abandoned it already. It's not that their games keep flopping or something...

Game support alone is far from the extent of its problems. Serious lack of marketing, a price tag that was too high and took too long to drop, memory cards that are still ridiculously expensive, and the 3DS has basically achieved Western dominance before the Vita had a chance to come back. Sony could put every studio they have to work on Vita games at this point and it wouldn't make much difference in Europe and North America.

the-pi-guy

Game support alone is far from the extent of its problems. Serious lack of marketing, a price tag that was too high and took too long to drop, memory cards that are still ridiculously expensive, and the 3DS has basically achieved Western dominance before the Vita had a chance to come back. Sony could put every studio they have to work on Vita games at this point and it wouldn't make much difference in Europe and North America.

Agreed, but all fixable problems. 

Raven

Agreed, but all fixable problems. 

Not with the 3DS controlling the market now and I don't honestly believe Sony is interested in trying to save it here. Sony choices are 1) put some studios to work on Vita games and likely still watch it fail while taking away from PS4 development, or 2) put nearly all of your first party efforts (if not all) into making sure the PS4 crushes the competition and definitely makes Sony a bunch of money.

the-pi-guy

Not with the 3DS controlling the market now and I don't honestly believe Sony is interested in trying to save it here. Sony choices are 1) put some studios to work on Vita games and likely still watch it fail while taking away from PS4 development, or 2) put nearly all of your first party efforts (if not all) into making sure the PS4 crushes the competition and definitely makes Sony a bunch of money.

Hmm, how greatly does 3DS really affect the Vita?
I do agree, Sony is not interested.  But I don't think they need to take all their studios.  Give it a price cut and 3 notable games. 

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

HYPED!!!! 
I'm as hyped as a flying ice cream truck falling on a guy who still lives. 

Legend

Next week is e3.

Thanks for the inside scoop tidux

Legend

Oh vita will never sell like a beast, but it's still a great system to own. The games keep coming.

Raven

Next week is e3.

Lol just because he has inside information doesn't mean every tweet he makes has to be about stuff like that. He could just be super excited like the rest of us.

the-pi-guy

Next week is e3.

I laughed at this more than I should have. 

Legend

Lol just because he has inside information doesn't mean every tweet he makes has to be about stuff like that. He could just be super excited like the rest of us.

Not according to duelshockers. They turned that tweet into an article afaik.

the-pi-guy

Not according to duelshockers. They turned that tweet into an article afaik.

They turn everything into an article. 
That's why I like the place. 
Surprised none of my posts were articlerized on there.

Go Up