2021 most anticipated game voting thread.

Started by kitler53, Jan 02, 2021, 02:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

You may only select ratchet and clank and up to 4 other options

You may only select up to 5 options.

kitler53

stealing this thread from legend because I'm just that guy. 

nominate your most anticipated games of 2021 and go ahead and explain yourself.  nomination with more words will be graded higher..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Elden ring
God of war
Horizon forbidden West
Dying light 2
Skull and bones

These are my most anticipated. Some that I am looking forward to depending on quality are

Farcry 6
Ratchet and clank
Retournal
Hogwarts legacy (looks amazing, but im not a HP fan)

Dr. Pezus

God of War Ragnarok
Horizon 2
Ratchet and Clank
Breath of the Wild 2

Legend

Hapax

I have been working towards this for 7 years so yeah it's my most anticipated game. Also just for personal growth, I'm really excited to release it and move on as a developer. I feel like not enough has changed for me over the past few years so regardless of how Hapax is received, I view it as a time of change. Plus I'm excited to play it and see other people play it! It is a very unique game with a lot of incredibly deep elements that I've never seen in anything else. Like just for starters, I made a language. Other games say they made a language, but no. The only games that actually actually made a language are Sethian, Riven, and Star Citizen. But those languages aren't that developed either. It'd be impossible to have a conversation in Sethian because the language is super limited and D'Ni + the Star Citizen languages really only exist outside the games. If the developers didn't document that the languages existed, they'd pretty much just be squiggles. On top of that, my language is actually actually actually actually actually really hard sci fi. Aliens wouldn't just speak to us in a variant of French, they'd be well... alien. So my language is really interesting in the sense that it is alien. I made it and made it so that is the truth. Wait, am I just writing random crud so that I have more words? Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec suscipit tempor est. Pellentesque placerat aliquam est non ultricies. Fusce porttitor justo sed massa cursus, laoreet dictum tortor vehicula. Morbi eget ligula vel ex rhoncus euismod id sed massa. Ut ut ultrices nibh. Sed rutrum placerat cursus. Mauris non augue nulla. Quisque rhoncus magna lacus, in luctus mi pharetra sed. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nullam lectus mi, tincidunt vitae est in, porttitor euismod quam. Pellentesque sed porta nisl. Nullam at justo nisi. Etiam tristique sagittis iaculis. Integer congue ut elit at finibus. Quisque venenatis mollis libero ac viverra. Phasellus pharetra sit amet metus eget tempor. Aliquam pulvinar nisi efficitur condimentum pharetra. Praesent lobortis vestibulum eleifend. Nulla ut nunc ac turpis ullamcorper pretium quis at velit. Mauris pretium leo ante, ac eleifend magna egestas tincidunt. Sed tellus metus, congue ac metus et, viverra facilisis justo. Suspendisse placerat felis odio, quis tristique ipsum fermentum in. Fusce eu magna pulvinar, tristique nisl eu, posuere ligula. Morbi non orci eget nulla eleifend vehicula ut ac urna. Sed euismod, dui a gravida dignissim, arcu elit sollicitudin ex, quis tempor sapien urna sit amet elit. Integer at urna lorem. Donec rhoncus enim at nulla cursus ultricies. Mauris vestibulum lectus eu dolor tempus, sit amet hendrerit massa porttitor. Aenean congue sagittis metus, ac consectetur tellus bibendum sed. Duis imperdiet mi at quam efficitur, sed rhoncus lacus eleifend. Morbi finibus nunc eu urna finibus, in aliquet ex ultrices. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Vestibulum auctor, diam in cursus vestibulum, erat eros dignissim risus, non gravida augue erat vitae turpis. Quisque ac dui ipsum. Pellentesque ante metus, porta ac finibus in, lacinia a risus. Curabitur imperdiet non tellus vitae ullamcorper. Etiam ut cursus nisi. Cras euismod viverra facilisis. Aenean ut orci tincidunt, sodales nunc in, dapibus mauris. Pellentesque finibus gravida lectus, ac lobortis mauris congue imperdiet. Fusce elementum, risus vel pharetra tincidunt, nunc magna sodales ipsum, nec malesuada diam odio in dolor. Mauris eu tortor sit amet ante lobortis rhoncus in ac tortor. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Aenean at mollis diam, eget auctor odio. Sed scelerisque augue sollicitudin ex egestas commodo. Cras consectetur, dui ac imperdiet tristique, nisi tellus sodales ligula, quis cursus dolor enim a augue. Morbi quis euismod est. Mauris sem risus, blandit at ornare dignissim, hendrerit a nisl. Quisque congue, massa vitae rutrum dictum, urna justo iaculis eros, at fringilla orci quam et nibh. Donec sit amet dignissim diam. Nulla non elit ex. Quisque a ante vel neque rutrum interdum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam posuere consectetur lacus at viverra. Morbi tempor elit lectus, sit amet eleifend massa ullamcorper sed. Duis molestie quam eget turpis vehicula elementum. Aenean nec scelerisque lacus, nec condimentum justo. Etiam erat eros, tincidunt rhoncus tempor non, bibendum non dui. Etiam luctus augue id elit pretium, nec accumsan libero blandit. Proin sit amet diam malesuada, suscipit dolor id, rhoncus mi. Morbi in pellentesque tellus. Vestibulum malesuada convallis tincidunt. Nam ullamcorper non felis facilisis consequat. But really though, it's important that your cheese fondue is not too runny. I think I need to add less beer next time. That about concludes why Hapax is my most anticipated game, but the last thing I need to say about it is PS5. I'm excited to release on PS5 and run the game in native 4k at 30 fps maybe. If I release it fast enough, it will be one of the best looking games of all time and that's very exciting. Even more exciting is the duelsense. The game will not do anything interesting with it.

Breath of the Wild 2-I'm excited for this game as well. Interested to see how they handle the map.

kitler53

Hapax

I have been working towards this for 7 years so yeah it's my most anticipated game. Also just for personal growth, I'm really excited to release it and move on as a developer. I feel like not enough has changed for me over the past few years so regardless of how Hapax is received, I view it as a time of change. Plus I'm excited to play it and see other people play it! It is a very unique game with a lot of incredibly deep elements that I've never seen in anything else. Like just for starters, I made a language. Other games say they made a language, but no. The only games that actually actually made a language are Sethian, Riven, and Star Citizen. But those languages aren't that developed either. It'd be impossible to have a conversation in Sethian because the language is super limited and D'Ni + the Star Citizen languages really only exist outside the games. If the developers didn't document that the languages existed, they'd pretty much just be squiggles. On top of that, my language is actually actually actually actually actually really hard sci fi. Aliens wouldn't just speak to us in a variant of French, they'd be well... alien. So my language is really interesting in the sense that it is alien. I made it and made it so that is the truth. Wait, am I just writing random crud so that I have more words? Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec suscipit tempor est. Pellentesque placerat aliquam est non ultricies. Fusce porttitor justo sed massa cursus, laoreet dictum tortor vehicula. Morbi eget ligula vel ex rhoncus euismod id sed massa. Ut ut ultrices nibh. Sed rutrum placerat cursus. Mauris non augue nulla. Quisque rhoncus magna lacus, in luctus mi pharetra sed. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nullam lectus mi, tincidunt vitae est in, porttitor euismod quam. Pellentesque sed porta nisl. Nullam at justo nisi. Etiam tristique sagittis iaculis. Integer congue ut elit at finibus. Quisque venenatis mollis libero ac viverra. Phasellus pharetra sit amet metus eget tempor. Aliquam pulvinar nisi efficitur condimentum pharetra. Praesent lobortis vestibulum eleifend. Nulla ut nunc ac turpis ullamcorper pretium quis at velit. Mauris pretium leo ante, ac eleifend magna egestas tincidunt. Sed tellus metus, congue ac metus et, viverra facilisis justo. Suspendisse placerat felis odio, quis tristique ipsum fermentum in. Fusce eu magna pulvinar, tristique nisl eu, posuere ligula. Morbi non orci eget nulla eleifend vehicula ut ac urna. Sed euismod, dui a gravida dignissim, arcu elit sollicitudin ex, quis tempor sapien urna sit amet elit. Integer at urna lorem. Donec rhoncus enim at nulla cursus ultricies. Mauris vestibulum lectus eu dolor tempus, sit amet hendrerit massa porttitor. Aenean congue sagittis metus, ac consectetur tellus bibendum sed. Duis imperdiet mi at quam efficitur, sed rhoncus lacus eleifend. Morbi finibus nunc eu urna finibus, in aliquet ex ultrices. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Vestibulum auctor, diam in cursus vestibulum, erat eros dignissim risus, non gravida augue erat vitae turpis. Quisque ac dui ipsum. Pellentesque ante metus, porta ac finibus in, lacinia a risus. Curabitur imperdiet non tellus vitae ullamcorper. Etiam ut cursus nisi. Cras euismod viverra facilisis. Aenean ut orci tincidunt, sodales nunc in, dapibus mauris. Pellentesque finibus gravida lectus, ac lobortis mauris congue imperdiet. Fusce elementum, risus vel pharetra tincidunt, nunc magna sodales ipsum, nec malesuada diam odio in dolor. Mauris eu tortor sit amet ante lobortis rhoncus in ac tortor. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Aenean at mollis diam, eget auctor odio. Sed scelerisque augue sollicitudin ex egestas commodo. Cras consectetur, dui ac imperdiet tristique, nisi tellus sodales ligula, quis cursus dolor enim a augue. Morbi quis euismod est. Mauris sem risus, blandit at ornare dignissim, hendrerit a nisl. Quisque congue, massa vitae rutrum dictum, urna justo iaculis eros, at fringilla orci quam et nibh. Donec sit amet dignissim diam. Nulla non elit ex. Quisque a ante vel neque rutrum interdum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam posuere consectetur lacus at viverra. Morbi tempor elit lectus, sit amet eleifend massa ullamcorper sed. Duis molestie quam eget turpis vehicula elementum. Aenean nec scelerisque lacus, nec condimentum justo. Etiam erat eros, tincidunt rhoncus tempor non, bibendum non dui. Etiam luctus augue id elit pretium, nec accumsan libero blandit. Proin sit amet diam malesuada, suscipit dolor id, rhoncus mi. Morbi in pellentesque tellus. Vestibulum malesuada convallis tincidunt. Nam ullamcorper non felis facilisis consequat. But really though, it's important that your cheese fondue is not too runny. I think I need to add less beer next time. That about concludes why Hapax is my most anticipated game, but the last thing I need to say about it is PS5. I'm excited to release on PS5 and run the game in native 4k at 30 fps maybe. If I release it fast enough, it will be one of the best looking games of all time and that's very exciting. Even more exciting is the duelsense. The game will not do anything interesting with it.

Breath of the Wild 2-I'm excited for this game as well. Interested to see how they handle the map.
such a huge wall of text it literally became unreadable about a third of the way though...

kitler53

i'm hyped for all of the obvious ones.  in more-or-less order from highest to lowest.

god of war ragnorok 
a sequel to last gen's best game.  yes please.

eldin ring
a sequel to the souls-like games.  yes please.

ratchet and clank rift apart
a sequel to a franchise i most fanboy about.  yes please.

horizon forbidden west
a sequel to a great game.  yes please.

hogwarts legacy
finally a good looking harry potter game.   please be good.

on the things that aren't quite so obvious in no particular order...

kena bridge of spirits
this game looks fantastic.  i really, really want to to play good to.

little devil inside
ditto to above

Returnal
i don't tend to like "looping" games but i love housemarq games.  gameplay wise this looks like they blended a traditional first person shooter with housemarq's arcade shooter mechanics.  looks like a unique take on the genre that i know i will appreciate.

it takes two
i just finished a way out.  fantastic game but a wacky platformer is soo much more my bag.  i have really high hopes for this one.

balan wonderworld
ditto to above.

lego star wars the skywalker saga
my kids loooooves lego games.  will be great to be able to get a new one becasue we played everything already and have been just in a replay loop for a while now.   

destruction all-stars
i'm not really 100% sure i'll love this game.  sony hasn't been very forthcoming which isn't a great sign.  but i've been playing rocket league for an entire generation now.  i am both still in love and completely tired of it.  i have high hopes that destruction all-stars can scratch the same itch but in a new way.

and these titles i have no expectation of a 2021 release but all the same i'm excited just for the prospect that we might get some trailers:

metroid prime 4
2 and 3 were terrible so i probably shouldn't be hyped but 1 was ducking amazing so i'm excited anways

fable 4
ditto to above.

naughty dog's next game
i kind of expected that their mp game spun off of TLoU2 to have already been announced.  i'm less convinced now that it will be shipping soo but I expect it to at least be announced.  they do such good work that any announcement will grab my attention.

all and all 2021 looks to be one of the most hype worth years in a long time.

the-pi-guy

1.) Hapax:
Been waiting a long time for this one. This was promised like years ago.  If this game had a constant revenue, it would have been compared to Star Citizen.  Wait a second...  Developer at one point split the game into single player and multiplayer modes, long development time, many promise of releases, takes place in space...  

I gotta... Check some crowd funding websites for something....  

2.) God of War
It is astonishing to me how excited for this I am.  If God of War was like God of War 1-3, I wouldn't be so excited. It would probably be something I get, when it hit the greatest hits.   It went from being a good series to having one of the best games ever.

3.) Horizon
The first was really great. I am curious to see what direction GG takes it.  What will be improved, where will the story go?  

4.) Elden Ring
Bloodborne is probably my favorite game ever. Doesn't mean I will like this, but I am hoping for the best. They're cemented as one of my favorite developers.

Ratchet and Clank
Kena
Returnal

Xevross

God of War 2 - the 2018 reboot is the best game available to play on PS4 (and PS5 I suppose). The same team is making this one and they set up for some truly exciting stuff in the sequel. Despite not seeing anything from this game, its probably my #1.

Horizon Forbidden West - I loved HZD to bits although now its been 3 years since I played it and we haven't seen any gameplay for this yet, I'm not as hyped as I think I should be for how amazing I thought HZD was. Still, I'm very much anticipating this and as soon as we see some gameplay I'm sure I'll be super hyped.

BOTW2 - the sequel to the best game ever made, and the game I probably feel most excitement for currently, though perhaps only due to playing through Hyrule Warriors AoC right now. I'm very nervous about this one, its an extremely tough act to follow and in many ways BOTW2 feels like lightning in a bottle. and it twould be easy to lose the magic if aspect of the design isn't right.

R&C Rift Apart - R&C PS4 was a great game but far from blew me away, I'm mainly excited for this due to its insane graphics and how well its shown with its gameplay so far.

Gran Turismo 7 - a proper GT career and a high-budget track racer for PS5, I'm very excited for this.

Destruction Allstars - this looks fun, developed specifically and fully exclusive for PS5, is free and only a month away, so I'm feeling pretty hyped for this.

Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga - the sequel trilogy sucks but lego star wars is amazing and a big part of my childhood, I really want to play this and hit up co-op with my friends.

I can't say I'm particulalry excited for any other games right now. If Returnal was less than half of the price Sony are asking for it would be on here.

kitler53

Added a poll. Select your top 5 in whatever way you feel makes sense.*
*as long as one of them is ratchet and clank.

Legend

*as long as one of them is ratchet and clank.
You made me so freaking confused!

kitler53

You made me so freaking confused!
xD

just leaning into the "that guy" dynamic.