Blizzard's new MMO, "Titan", confirmed cancelled!

Started by Raven, Sep 23, 2014, 09:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/23/6833953/blizzard-cancels-titan-next-gen-mmo-pc

Wow. Here I was thinking they would finally talk about it at the next Blizzcon. It does make sense though. They had moved a ton of people off of that project to work on everything else they had. Between making expansions for Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and World of Warcraft not to mention making new small games like Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm... I can't even imagine how they ever had time to make a second MMO.

BasilZero

I think at this point they probably found it was much more efficient to create a game for each major genre before heading into a new MMO which could cut some of the numbers for WoW even though the amount of users leaving WoW is getting bigger and bigger each quarter.

Anyways, with Hearthstone being successful - I think they might go after the MOBA genre and try to compete against DOTA2 and LOL.

Raven

I think at this point they probably found it was much more efficient to create a game for each major genre before heading into a new MMO which could cut some of the numbers for WoW even though the amount of users leaving WoW is getting bigger and bigger each quarter.

Anyways, with Hearthstone being successful - I think they might go after the MOBA genre and try to compete against DOTA2 and LOL.

They already are going after it. Heroes of the Storm is a direct competitor to DOTA 2 and LoL. WoW has largely stabilized. It's going to be the same thing every expansion unless and until they do something totally awesome with it. They'll get millions of people to sign back up when the next expansion hits and then people will slowly stop playing over the next couple years. Rinse and repeat. Though I would not be surprised if a shitload of people join back up if an expansion dedicated to the Burning Legion comes out. For some reason that always gets people fired up.

BasilZero

They already are going after it. Heroes of the Storm is a direct competitor to DOTA 2 and LoL. WoW has largely stabilized. It's going to be the same thing every expansion unless and until they do something totally awesome with it. They'll get millions of people to sign back up when the next expansion hits and then people will slowly stop playing over the next couple years. Rinse and repeat. Though I would not be surprised if a shitload of people join back up if an expansion dedicated to the Burning Legion comes out. For some reason that always gets people fired up.

Oh wow, well there you go then lol XD

They go where the monies at ;)

Raven

Oh wow, well there you go then lol XD

They go where the monies at ;)

Haha yeah. Blizzard is dang good at what they do, too. Even when people complain about things they've done it's nowhere near as bad as what other companies have failed at.