Anthem: bet on the metacritic 60 mc (61 reviews) 60 oc (54 reviews)

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Feb 16, 2019, 06:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

I'm really suprised how bad it is scoring. It looked fun and cool in a lot of ways. Should have at least been a C game.
Yeah and it seems like it is fun and cool, but coming from Bioware no one expected that the story would actually be really bad and really short, which would have redeemed it. The only positives I've seen are graphics, sound design and gameplay. And everything else is pretty much unanimously disliked.

It takes Destiny's poor mission design and turns it into a new level of shame. And co-op gameplay doesn't redeem it like in Destiny, as apparently co-op seems like it was an afterthought and this game was designed to be SP. If you're with your friends you miss a lot of the dialogue due to how the game delivers it, for example. Seems like Bioware did want to make a SP game but EA forced them to make it a GaaS destiny like game. Real shame. It doesn't help that the game is quite broken right now, and the day one patch will fix a lot of that, but most reviews seem to only be mentioning the bugs as a small thing and the rest of the game is still poor.

And decisions like loot and xp only being given and shown to you once you finish an expedition/ mission. If you have to leave halfway through or you DC, you get 0 rewards. There's also a loot limit so you have to stop at some point and go load back into the hub zone to check it all and then go back out. The loading screens are awfully long as well.

I've heard the phrase "game designed in a boardroom" and the like too many times already.

Man, how the fudge is this a bioware game? Its completely backwards.