The Last of Us Part 2 |OT| Play Phase

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 29, 2020, 08:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

TLOU 2 has over 80k user reviews.

GTA V across 5 different versions has around 20k.
Did it sell 4 times more than GTAV?  8)

It's funny, already I've seen some clueless gamers on Facebook calling it a flop and when asked why they refer to the meta user score...

Mmm_fish_tacos

Just finishes the game. The credits are still rolling. I need time to think.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think it&#39;s important to have Abby&#39;s and Ellie&#39;s story together. &nbsp;But I almost kind of feel like it could have worked as two games. <br><br>Except:<br>Abby&#39;s storyline is important to put Ellie&#39;s story into context. &nbsp;Not just the motivations of the villian, but the consequences of Ellie&#39;s actions. &nbsp;<br><br>It also is important to give Ellie&#39;s story a motivation. &nbsp;<br><br>If you only played Ellie&#39;s story, the similarities and the consequences wouldn&#39;t quite hit. &nbsp;<br><br>If you only played Abby&#39;s story, it might work better, but it still has problems. &nbsp;And no one would want to play it for sure. &nbsp;<br><br><br>This is ultimately Ellie&#39;s story, but Abby&#39;s story is what makes her story possible. &nbsp;<br><br><br>I don&#39;t think the game would benefit getting split up, but maybe shortened still. Make Abby&#39;s day 1 shorter or something, or fit the story into two days. &nbsp;<br><br>Abby&#39;s latter story is so awesome, but the game&#39;s overall pacing hurts from the length. &nbsp;<br><br>Although I bet the pacing is better the second time around because you aren&#39;t expecting a 40 minute story anymore. <br>

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
[<br>Could have done more to make players expect abby.<br><br>I think as you said, it feels like two games from that point of view.<br><br>I love it now, but in the moment it didn&#39;t feel right. Can&#39;t think of a good way to improve it, beyond maybe moving the zoo flashback.<br><br>/spoiler]<br>

Xevross

Jun 29, 2020, 10:57 AM Last Edit: Jun 29, 2020, 10:59 AM by Xevross
Platinum get! Hell yeah, feels good to finally get a Naughty Dog plat, even though it was way easier than the rest.

nnodley

So still have yet to beat it as I haven't had the time to play since I had some family in town.

Spoiler for Hidden:
im just starting again as Abby in California. How much longer do I have? &nbsp;And yeah the haven part was soooo good

I'm around 26 to 27 hours

Xevross

So still have yet to beat it as I haven't had the time to play since I had some family in town.

Spoiler for Hidden:
im just starting again as Abby in California. How much longer do I have?  And yeah the haven part was soooo good

I'm around 26 to 27 hours
Roughly 2 hours left. Think it took me about 1h 30 from there.

Mmm_fish_tacos

https://youtu.be/g6rRfK-V2jY

Really good podcast talking about everything.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So i feel like I need to play the game again. Maybe all the intent leaks and hate ruined it for me. It was everywhere and unavoidable.

I would have liked to see the ending change slightly.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Instead of Abby biting of Ellies fingers it should have been the clicker in the tree.<br>They should have skipped the threat on levs life. Instead I think Ellie should have Beat on Abby and drowned her while abby refused to fighter her. &nbsp;And in that moment Ellie would realizes her death would not bring fulfillment for Joels death.

i think it would have made more sense to me.

nnodley

Just finished!  Wooooooooow!

So good

Legend

So i feel like I need to play the game again. Maybe all the intent leaks and hate ruined it for me. It was everywhere and unavoidable.

I would have liked to see the ending change slightly.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Instead of Abby biting of Ellies fingers it should have been the clicker in the tree.
They should have skipped the threat on levs life. Instead I think Ellie should have Beat on Abby and drowned her while abby refused to fighter her.  And in that moment Ellie would realizes her death would not bring fulfillment for Joels death.

i think it would have made more sense to me.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The fingers are supposed to be poetic with her losing the ability to play guitar, but yeah they didn&#39;t resonate with me. I would have just removed that element completely. Or made it a bigger issue like mangling her hand.<br>

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

Why are you saying thank you?
Sorry, i was to busy to make a real post. But its an awesome review and explains the game well. And one this isnt hating on the game like most of the ones on youtube

Go Up