The Last of Us Part 2 |OT| Play Phase

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 29, 2020, 08:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think it&#39;s important to have Abby&#39;s and Ellie&#39;s story together. &nbsp;But I almost kind of feel like it could have worked as two games. <br><br>Except:<br>Abby&#39;s storyline is important to put Ellie&#39;s story into context. &nbsp;Not just the motivations of the villian, but the consequences of Ellie&#39;s actions. &nbsp;<br><br>It also is important to give Ellie&#39;s story a motivation. &nbsp;<br><br>If you only played Ellie&#39;s story, the similarities and the consequences wouldn&#39;t quite hit. &nbsp;<br><br>If you only played Abby&#39;s story, it might work better, but it still has problems. &nbsp;And no one would want to play it for sure. &nbsp;<br><br><br>This is ultimately Ellie&#39;s story, but Abby&#39;s story is what makes her story possible. &nbsp;<br><br><br>I don&#39;t think the game would benefit getting split up, but maybe shortened still. Make Abby&#39;s day 1 shorter or something, or fit the story into two days. &nbsp;<br><br>Abby&#39;s latter story is so awesome, but the game&#39;s overall pacing hurts from the length. &nbsp;<br><br>Although I bet the pacing is better the second time around because you aren&#39;t expecting a 40 minute story anymore. <br>