Do you have an inner monologue?

Started by Legend, Jan 13, 2024, 01:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

On a different note but still about subjective mental stuff, I don't know if I get migraines or not. I assume I just get bad regular headaches but every time I google it, it's hard to tell how other people's descriptions compare to mine.

I luckily haven't had a major one in maybe a decade since I learned to take tylenol and rest when the symptoms first start. As a kid it'd be debilitating pulsing pain originating at the back/top of the neck and strong sensitivity to lights, but none of the other migraine things like nausea that I can remember.
I've had a similar thing.

Except I have had vomiting with my headaches.

But a lot of websites talk about migraine aura, so similarly I wasn't sure if I was actually having a migraine because of that.

But I realized later that I have had migraine aura, just not frequent.

nnodley

My migraines typically start with my peripheral vision going out and then weird light flickering. Sometimes I won't be able to read words clearly. But I usually can catch it early enough to stop those symptoms.  I sometimes get nausea if I'm not able to take excedrin or something soon enough.

Either way if I catch early or not i have a massive throbbing headache all day till I go to sleep.  

Luckily they very rarely happen.  Maybe 2 or 3 times a year if that.

Legend

If these were migraines then I'm bummed out that I didn't see stuff. All the pain yet no funky vision to go with it.

As a kid they'd happen a few times a year. Was sucky. Very nice though that it has been so long since I had one like that.

the-pi-guy

If these were migraines then I'm bummed out that I didn't see stuff. All the pain yet no funky vision to go with it.

As a kid they'd happen a few times a year. Was sucky. Very nice though that it has been so long since I had one like that.

I have gotten pretty frequent migraines since I was ~10. I think because I often don't get enough sleep. I would feel fine the first couple days not getting enough sleep, then be vomiting the third day.

There was a while I was getting one a week.

Still get them occasionally, but Excedrin has been a huge help.

Go Up