Horizon Zero Dawn

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 02, 2017, 04:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Riderz1337

Hotfix just released reducing thunderjaw disc launcher ammo from 12 to 8. So effectively you can deal ~2000 damage less with their disc launchers now.

That should make thunderjaws a bit more challenging
That's good. I think they shouldn't make it so it drops 100% of the time to be honest...Like maybe sometimes you damage it too much and it breaks or something. The Thunderjaw is just too easy to kill..

If you apply freeze to it which increases damage, the Disc Launcher just melts right threw it.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

the-pi-guy

Ordered from Amazon.  

Xevross

That's good. I think they shouldn't make it so it drops 100% of the time to be honest...Like maybe sometimes you damage it too much and it breaks or something. The Thunderjaw is just too easy to kill..

If you apply freeze to it which increases damage, the Disc Launcher just melts right threw it.
Yeah, freezing is very OP. I just tried fighting it without tearblast arrows, with the hotfix and it was actually a decent challenge.

Also I never used the blast sling before I got the platinum, don't really know why. I'm trying it now instead of the sharpshooter bow and its amazing. I wish I used it before. Its just great fun to use

Ordered from Amazon.  
Yay!

Ludicrous Speed

Bought it this morning. Was debating buying this and Zelda at Target and getting a free third game, but I decided against buying two open world SP games. I'll beat Horizon and trade it in towards Zelda. Horizon seems to be the shorter game so I went Horizon first.

Very impressed so far. Opening section was great. I've done a couple main missions and one side quest helping some girl get a spear back. Only have one  observation and a complaint so far. First, holy crud Aloys head as a kid is like monstrously huge. It is jarring. Looks way more natural as older Aloy. The complaint, NPCs and Aloy won't shut the heck up. Aloy talks constantly, which is fine but only a few hours in I'm already hearing the same stuff again and again. And that side mission where I helped a girl she screamed over and over while I'm trying to kill 4 watchers. Hopefully that gets better.

Seems there is tons of potential for a great story and lore here though.

Dr. Pezus

Man, I remember I thought watchers were hard at first    :o
Now they're a breeze

Riderz1337

Bought it this morning. Was debating buying this and Zelda at Target and getting a free third game, but I decided against buying two open world SP games. I'll beat Horizon and trade it in towards Zelda. Horizon seems to be the shorter game so I went Horizon first.

Very impressed so far. Opening section was great. I've done a couple main missions and one side quest helping some girl get a spear back. Only have one  observation and a complaint so far. First, holy crud Aloys head as a kid is like monstrously huge. It is jarring. Looks way more natural as older Aloy. The complaint, NPCs and Aloy won't shut the heck up. Aloy talks constantly, which is fine but only a few hours in I'm already hearing the same stuff again and again. And that side mission where I helped a girl she screamed over and over while I'm trying to kill 4 watchers. Hopefully that gets better.

Seems there is tons of potential for a great story and lore here though.
I feel like they legit forgot to shrink her head. I find it hard to believe the devs saw it in the final game and thought yeah her head looks fine.

The proportions are very off lol. Thankfully you don't play young Aloy for that long.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Legend

I'm already hearing the same stuff again and again
For NPCs? That was one of the things I was really impressed with them avoiding. I didn't try talking to every single person but I was 20 hours in before I heard a repeat.

I love stopping and listening to people talk.

nnodley

Now they're a breeze
Haha yeah I was the same.  Still haven't killed all the machines but most are fairly easy after a while and you learn all their weak spots.

Xevross

Now they're a breeze
Its funny to think back to my first few encounters when I was super scared of Striders and Watchers ;D

I think I'm going to replay the game with an almost completely different weapon setup, different armour and I'm going to take my time much more now I know the story. Should be fun.

Dr. Pezus

I feel like they legit forgot to shrink her head. I find it hard to believe the devs saw it in the final game and thought yeah her head looks fine.

The proportions are very off lol. Thankfully you don't play young Aloy for that long.
Wasn't it partly due to her hair being big? Children do have bigger heads proportionally than adults

Xevross

I honestly can't see anything wrong with young Aloy's model. Its not like all children have a uniform head size. Her head might be a bit bigger than average for a child but there's nothing wrong with that

darkknightkryta

I think I finally did enough side quests to move on with the man story.

Legend

Oh ok I'm liking the story a lot.

DD_Bwest

i find im having a very hard time finding any likeable male NPC's.   they just all have the baby quality where i find them all annoying as heck lol

Legend

i find im having a very hard time finding any likeable male NPC's.   they just all have the baby quality where i find them all annoying as heck lol
How far are you? I've liked a few of them.

Go Up