Are you disappointed by games being cross gen?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 27, 2021, 02:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Well?

I'm disappointed by Sony's lack of transparency.
1 (25%)
I'm disappointed by cross gen games.
2 (50%)
I will wait and see if compromises were made.
0 (0%)
I am not disappointed at all.
1 (25%)
I am happy because I still don't have a PS5.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

the-pi-guy

After a generation of hearing how the PS4's CPU, and IO put limitations on games, it can be disheartening to hear that future games are being made with PS4 in mind.  

It's also fairly disheartening that after several showcases of PS5 games, to find out a few titles are actually going to hit PS4 as well.  

kitler53

i expected some games to be cross gen and i'm okay with that for games where that makes sense.   games like sackboy's big adventure absolutely makes sense to be cross gen.

i also expected some games to be next gen exclusive.   i'm disappointed that more games aren't next gen exclusive specifically in the way they aren't designed to be only be possible on next gen.   R&C looks to be designed around the SSD and i like that.   that is literally the only game that looks like it couldn't be downported easily with graphical downgrades,.. and i'm including some games that actually were ps5 exclusive like demon's souls and destruction all-stars.    the one game i am really, really disappointed isn't next gen exclusive is god of war.   i'm sure i'll love the game but every single squeeze space that is hiding a load screen for ps4 is going to invoke a bit of resentment.   the idea of boss fights that could have been and didn't come to be will invoke a bit of resentment.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens