PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

what are you talking about.  on the one hand any game i've pre-ordered has been downloaded before the release day and becomes immediately playable once the timer count down is complete.  not that i pre-order a ton of games but it has been glorius especially because I live in CST so the game unlocks at 11pm the day before it releases.

alternatively, any game i buy from psn while at work can be sent to download to my primary ps4 when i purchase it and it's all downloaded and updated and ready to play by the time i get home from work.  i use and love that feature.

i would be fudgy livid if that happened.  my playstation is my playstation.  sony/ms/nintendo has no right to use my internet bandwidth and HD drive space to essentially put an advertisement on my system to say "buy and play now!".   i'm always at the limit of my 500 Gb and i'd be soo fudgy livid if 80 Gb was used to pre-download TLoU2 in hopes to sell it to me.

the real answer is playstation now.    purchase a game or insert a disc,..  give me immediate access to playing the game via the cloud while the installation update is being applied.  when the installation is complete gracefully switch over to local play.  i mean obviously my game would be interrupted for a minute while the game save is transferred and the game is loaded locally but i'd still consider that "graceful".

27:30 in the video.

Yeah it'd mostly be an annoying feature unless the player was involved. The closest thing I believe ever happened was Sony putting Destiny 2 on people's systems (but it didn't download the full game unless you bought it).