Sony E3 2018 conference

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 12, 2018, 12:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

So what are people's opinions of the big 4. What did you think before the conference, what did you think of the showing and what do you think now?

TLOU - obviously I was hyped as fudge and just wanted to see more. The showing was incredible and now I'm super duper hyped af.

Ghost of Tsushima - I was loving the look of it and was excited to see gameplay. The gameplay looked great, gave me proper AC vibes which I love. I'm now really excited for it

Death Stranding - not really big on this, it just seems too weird and I'm not big on Kojima anyway. It got even more weird, with still no gameplay, I'm pretty turned off from this right now. Disappointing.

Spiderman - the game I'm most hyped for and this built on it, incredible showing and the gameplay after the showcase was awesome too. I really can't wait for this

Mmm_fish_tacos

Pretty much agree completely with you.

As expected I'm seeing lots of people saying "waaaaaaaah forced agendas" and "stop with the SJW battleship" in comments sections. That's not surprising. What is good to see though, is all of those comments are bombarded by people shutting them down with reasonable arguments. Seems like this game has a large amount of sensible fans, and the triggered conservatives are only a tiny minority.
Yeah, it's a bunch of battleship. If they played the first game and the dlc they would have know elli was gay. It's like this big shock to them. When it shouldn't have been. I think it was bill in the first game that was gay, nobody said anything about it. Or they weren't paying attention.

Tlou 2 will be the game of the gen. And the perfect ending to current gen gaming.

Xevross

Yeah, it's a bunch of battleship. If they played the first game and the dlc they would have know elli was gay. It's like this big shock to them. When it shouldn't have been. I think it was bill in the first game that was gay, nobody said anything about it. Or they weren't paying attention.

Tlou 2 will be the game of the gen. And the perfect ending to current gen gaming.
Yeah and this is the difference. This is Ellie's character, its who she is. Her struggle with her emotions and feelings, as shown by Left Behind, is integral to who she is now. She was designed from the start to be gay and that's who she is. If you say that this is pushing an agenda then you should say that every normal straight kiss ever is pushing an agenda. Its the same thing. If there was no sign of Ellie being gay and this was just randomly thrown in there then people have a point, but obviously that is not the case.

Yeah if they nail the story again I feel it will be.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah and this is the difference. This is Ellie's character, its who she is. Her struggle with her emotions and feelings, as shown by Left Behind, is integral to who she is now. She was designed from the start to be gay and that's who she is. If you say that this is pushing an agenda then you should say that every normal straight kiss ever is pushing an agenda. Its the same thing. If there was no sign of Ellie being gay and this was just randomly thrown in there then people have a point, but obviously that is not the case.

Yeah if they nail the story again I feel it will be.
Ehh.. I guess I'm going to stay away from twitter for a few days. This is insane. The amount of people that didn't pick up on it in the first game is crazy.

Xevross

Ehh.. I guess I'm going to stay away from twitter for a few days. This is insane. The amount of people that didn't pick up on it in the first game is crazy.
Yeah I know. Even without Left Behind there were hints if you payed attention. And even then, if people had no idea, instead of being a snowflake and getting offended they should have looked back and realised that it does fit her character and its not just thrown in.

People are dumb, but its good to see that there's a large number of people pushing back. I think the noise is enough that anyone who isn't just a straight up homophobe will understand and be fine with it.

the-pi-guy

Lol
I just saw some tweets.  One was basically "Ellie talked to a boy in the first game, now you're telling us she likes girls?"

kitler53

So what are people's opinions of the big 4. What did you think before the conference, what did you think of the showing and what do you think now?

TLOU - obviously I was hyped as fudge and just wanted to see more. The showing was incredible and now I'm super duper hyped af.

Ghost of Tsushima - I was loving the look of it and was excited to see gameplay. The gameplay looked great, gave me proper AC vibes which I love. I'm now really excited for it

Death Stranding - not really big on this, it just seems too weird and I'm not big on Kojima anyway. It got even more weird, with still no gameplay, I'm pretty turned off from this right now. Disappointing.

Spiderman - the game I'm most hyped for and this built on it, incredible showing and the gameplay after the showcase was awesome too. I really can't wait for this
TLoU looks amazing.  i still need to play the first one.  i'm kind of turned off by the darknes of this franchise compared to uncharted which is honestly why i've been putting off playing the 1st one.  but despite my dislike for the atmosphere the gameplay and graphics are a marvel.

ghost - i'm a bit disappointed by this first display.  the scenery is amazing.  the gameplay looks unrefined.  i kind of feel like "shadows die twice" is the game i wanted this game to be.

death stranding - i've never played a MGS game so i have no idea what to expect other than "weird".  so far my expectations are met.  i believe there is a lot more to this game then the trailer leads on.  komoji and deception seem to go hand in hand.

spiderman - i both feel better and worse about this.  seems less "quick time event" then i feared after last years demo and that's a good thing.  seems a bit more batman AC then i expected which for me isnt' a great thing.  i didn't like AC as much as AA.  still, spiderman has always been my favorite super hero so i'm in regardless.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

TLoU looks amazing.  i still need to play the first one.  i'm kind of turned off by the darknes of this franchise compared to uncharted which is honestly why i've been putting off playing the 1st one.  but despite my dislike for the atmosphere the gameplay and graphics are a marvel.

ghost - i'm a bit disappointed by this first display.  the scenery is amazing.  the gameplay looks unrefined.  i kind of feel like "shadows die twice" is the game i wanted this game to be.

death stranding - i've never played a MGS game so i have no idea what to expect other than "weird".  so far my expectations are met.  i believe there is a lot more to this game then the trailer leads on.  komoji and deception seem to go hand in hand.

spiderman - i both feel better and worse about this.  seems less "quick time event" then i feared after last years demo and that's a good thing.  seems a bit more batman AC then i expected which for me isnt' a great thing.  i didn't like AC as much as AA.  still, spiderman has always been my favorite super hero so i'm in regardless.
Tlou atmosphere is the most intense I've ever played. And honestly makes the game. It's a must play. It looks like its turned up to 11 in the sequel.

Dr. Pezus

Jun 12, 2018, 05:19 PM Last Edit: Jun 12, 2018, 06:17 PM by Dr. Pezus
Watching this in 4k now and holy tlou

Blops 3 ps+ tonight
Wow that's huge

Pacing is SO bad .
Get some adderall son

Wow ghost looks stunning

Everything about ghost looks amazing but gameplay. Looks like shame.
The fudge?

Control looks like a good remedy game

Death stranding almost looks photo realistic wtf

The fudge is it about??

To be honest, compared to thew new Devil May Cry, RE2 graphically looks like dog.
It's a remake though?

nnodley

Geez the tech for TLOU 2 is amazing.  Neil said they had to add extra tech in their rigs in order to get those cheek and nose movements for the kiss scene. And now their eyeballs are fully refractive and the insides are reflective or something.  SO COOL!!

Legend

Geez the tech for TLOU 2 is amazing.  Neil said they had to add extra tech in their rigs in order to get those cheek and nose movements for the kiss scene. And now their eyeballs are fully refractive and the insides are reflective or something.  SO COOL!!
Haha yesterday I was explaining to my family how incredibly impressive that kiss was.

In general games aren't good with skin to skin contact, but with two faces touching there's no room for the standard tracking cameras.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Some people are so stupid.

Mmmfishtacos (@chris_frieze) Tweeted:
@KingOfBlades38 @MelonieMac Did you not pay attention in the first game? Being gay has always been a part of her, and it wasnt forced, it's part of her character development. Twitter

Read the reply on twitter.

Dr. Pezus

It's 2018 people. Get with the times

Horizon

Best exclusives of the show and easily some of the best games. As everyone mentioned TLOU PT 2 looks insane and Naughty Dog are on another. Ghost of Tsushima blew me away and is my game of the show, ooft I need more. Death Stranding still has me interested but I think its clear its the least developed of the 4 games shown. Spider-man still looks freaking amazing. I think it is clear Sony is going to coast to the PS5 and I fully expect their studios are now gearing up for PS5. They know they have got this gen on lock but need to prepare for next gen when Microsoft is going to come much stronger. Also terrible terrible structure and pace. Just have it all in one place and you solve the pacing issue. I felt sorry for people in theatres watching it; please not again Sony!

nnodley

Hey, we can jump in TLOU 2!!! WHOOP!

Go Up