Introducing DualSense, the New Wireless Game Controller for PlayStation 5

Started by SWORDF1SH, Apr 07, 2020, 09:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Sounds like they put a lot of work into the controller for this gen.

Legend

Apr 09, 2020, 07:51 PM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2020, 04:31 AM by Legend
Sounds like they put a lot of work into the controller for this gen.
Sony is putting work into everything this gen. It's exactly like PS3 where they were anything but conservative. I don't know what will and will not pay off but it's exciting as a gamer.

Xbox Series X may end up the better system but it feels like a mid gen refresh as a gamer.

the-pi-guy

On the one hand this is probably just the safe PR "I can't say whether or not there is anything".  

On the other hand, it feels a little weird how dodgy he is.  

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Sony is putting work into everything this gen. It's exactly like PS3 where they were anything but conservative. I don't know what will and will not pay off but it's exciting as a gamer.

Xbox Series X may end up the better system but it feels like a mid gen refresh as a gamer.
Think there's a chance for PS1+2 BC?  

Legend

Think there's a chance for PS1+2 BC?  
Maybe?

It was "possible" on PS4 yet it didn't happen. I think it's just dependent on their business approach.

the-pi-guy

I think this is the best looking mockup I've seen.

Legend

I think this is the best looking mockup I've seen.
It won't look like that but at least that mockup looks somewhat good.

the-pi-guy

I know it won't look like any of the mock ups, but still the only one that seems realistic.  

kitler53

it could be close.  it's clearly just a mash up of the controller's art design and that patent's form factor.  

The only obvious problem would be that in the patent that v-cut would mean where that where they put the disc drive there is no console on the back side of the disc drive.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up