Next Gen Xbox revealed: Series X

Started by Legend, Dec 13, 2019, 02:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Seperate from the confusion of knowing the box exists, I'm just confused what their intentions are with naming future boxes.

In the past you've been pretty gung-ho about ending generations and moving towards a steady release of new hardware like with phones. Are you worried every game will be forced to support lockhart even after a few years?

Also I'm not sure how many games will use next gen power for gameplay anyway. Sure there will be a lot of titles that do innovative things but the big focus right now is on techniques (ray traced reflections, global illumination, shadows, machine learning animations, machine learning game AI) that are easy to cut/scale back for under powered hardware. Just look at the Witcher 3 Switch port for example. That game was built as a next gen showcase but they were still able to get it running on a handheld.

Series S for lockhart sure seems likely at this point. Update both every few years.
"gung-ho" is overselling it.  i thought their strategy was obviously moving to the iterative hardware cycle,.. looks like for playstation i was wrong if the rumors are to be believed.   lockhart (again if rumors are to be believed) is no better than xbox one x  (for fudge sake these names are confusing) and mandatory support should be discontinues in 2023 when the next entry releases.  only 2 systems of BC (6 year life cycle) should be mandatory.  if lockhart is mandatory support for the next 6 years than that is bull shame.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

What is Randy doing lol

Xevross

What is Randy doing lol
Seems pretty normal for Randy to me. That guy is a real idiot, and that's being generous.

Dr. Pezus

What is Randy doing lol
What?

Legend

What?
He's seemingly upset that the Xbox Series X doesn't have more raw power. He is often credited with pushing Sony towards 8gb of RAM with PS4, so maybe that is what he is going for here, but the tweet just seems oddly antagonistic and out of place.

Go Up