Nintendo Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Sep 23, 2019, 04:05 PM Last Edit: Sep 23, 2019, 04:07 PM by Xevross
Finihed Link's Awakening. Decent game, ended up using a guide for the 7th dungeon because my god was that a slog. Horrible game design involving way too much backtracking and tripping yourself over, at least by 2019 standards. I googled when I was stuck at a few points in the 8th dungeon and just before it as well. Given the great review scores and the heaps of praise this game gets I thought I was an outlier but my exact thoughts on the game are being echoed by quite a lot of people in the Era OT. And from what others are saying, I guess that's gonna be my first and last 2D zelda, since these things that I disliked the most seem to be the main traits of 2D Zelda games.

Thanks to its gorgeous looks, charming atmosphere, amazing soundtrack and fun earlier dungeons I think I'll give it about a 7/10. Apparently the story was supposed to be emotional so I was hoping the ending would make me feel really positive about the game but eh... it was an ok story at best and the ending was just exactly what you'd been expecting to happen since halfway through the game. Well whatever, it was a fun enough ~10 hours and at least I've experienced 2D Zelda now.