Programming Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 13, 2016, 10:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

What does it search for?
Nothing too exciting.  
It checks a webpage for the number of occurrences of a string is all.

For example, I could search vizioneck.com/forums./index.php?topic=5000
For all occurrences of "Pi".

Or even all the pages of a thread here.  

I used it once to count how many posts you made in the million thread.

Legend

Nothing too exciting.  
It checks a webpage for the number of occurrences of a string is all.

For example, I could search vizioneck.com/forums./index.php?topic=5000
For all occurrences of "Pi".

Or even all the pages of a thread here.  

I used it once to count how many posts you made in the million thread.
That's cool.

the-pi-guy

ethomaz

Well would you happen to know how to send a Get request to a site with custom headers and retrieve the response?
Not that depth.

We just had a overview of the language sintax.

the-pi-guy

For some reason, I'm having issues with C++.

Defining something in the .h file works perfectly.  Defining it in the cpp file stops working.  

ethomaz

For some reason, I'm having issues with C++.

Defining something in the .h file works perfectly.  Defining it in the cpp file stops working. 
I don't get at all what you are saying... in easy terms I use:

myclass.hpp // declaration of my class
myclass.cpp // my class body code with #include "myclass.hpp"
main.cpp // my main programs with #include "myclass.hpp"

I can use myclass in main.cpp fine doing this way.

the-pi-guy

Apr 04, 2016, 12:47 AM Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 07:39 PM by the-pi-guy

For some reason, when I moved the constructor/destructor to the .h file, it started working.  But the other methods still do not. 

the-pi-guy

Nov 03, 2016, 07:39 PM Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 07:53 PM by the-pi-guy
Bump. 

Programming is too much fun to not have this thread for it.  lol

These 2 code segments look the same, but for some reason one is working.  And the other is not. 

Nope, it seems even weirder, it's working with some inputs but not others. 

darkknightkryta

For some reason, when I moved the constructor/destructor to the .h file, it started working.  But the other methods still do not.  
I was having issues with this too with regular C.  I had to end up just doing all definitions in the H file.  I can't remember how to not do it that way.

Almost done making solutions to my student's assignments.

Legend

A few weeks ago I copied some shader code and it had compile errors. Turns out I needed to retype a section of it myself since the webpage screwed up the characters even though they looked correct.

the-pi-guy

Nov 03, 2016, 08:17 PM Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 08:30 PM by the-pi-guy
I really don't like a lot of the Visual Studio errors. 

When I program in Java using eclipse, an error like "Expect ';' here.  Now it works. 

Right now, I'm getting an error that says "cannot open (insert file name) for writing"

What does this even mean?
This is like the 20th time for me to run the program, and only now it stops working. 

----------
Started working again after restarting my computer... 

the-pi-guy

Legend

Wisdom of the Ancients
I hate/love it when I have a problem and there aren't any results on google, so I just kinda give up and work on something else. Then later on I get back to it and find a ton of results on google, only to realise it's been over a year since I first tried it.

the-pi-guy

Been working on a project every so often, the past few days.
Basically I made a text file that contains the unicodes for Japanese characters (at least hiragana and katakana).
The text file was supposed to make it easy for expansion, so I could start adding Kanji characters very easily.  

Been having troubles implementing this in Java.  Was reading up about better ways to implement the text file reader.  I was having issues, because the IDE that I'm using wasn't able to show the characters, so without implementing something, there was no way to find out if the program was working.  
So I implemented a little drawing interface, and found a really easy way to make the character importer worked (a few days after I started....)  Would have been nice to find out about that earlier.  
Then I was able to quickly make a thing that would convert the hexadecimal to the characters they needed to be.  
So the character importer is now working!  

Legend

Been working on a project every so often, the past few days.
Basically I made a text file that contains the unicodes for Japanese characters (at least hiragana and katakana).
The text file was supposed to make it easy for expansion, so I could start adding Kanji characters very easily.  

Been having troubles implementing this in Java.  Was reading up about better ways to implement the text file reader.  I was having issues, because the IDE that I'm using wasn't able to show the characters, so without implementing something, there was no way to find out if the program was working.  
So I implemented a little drawing interface, and found a really easy way to make the character importer worked (a few days after I started....)  Would have been nice to find out about that earlier.  
Then I was able to quickly make a thing that would convert the hexadecimal to the characters they needed to be.  
So the character importer is now working!  
What's your end goal?

I use monodevelop with Unity and so far it has every foreign character. Can also change its font if you need support for something specific.

When you mention hexadecimal, are you talking about Unicode encoding? Like 6F22 being the code for 漢?

Go Up