Legend

91, looking good

Dr. Pezus

Our resident Switch owner not getting it? @Xevross

Xevross

Our resident Switch owner not getting it? @Xevross
smh you just showed that you don't enter the Nintendo community thread

Legend

Liking it so far but the single island thing is really stupid.

Xevross

Guessing you didn't watch the AC direct.

Legend

Mar 20, 2020, 11:58 PM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2020, 12:02 AM by Legend
Guessing you didn't watch the AC direct.
I knew about it but hadn't realized how bad it is till playing it myself.

The second person misses out on 90% of the game.

Dr. Pezus

What is that?

Xevross

I knew about it but hadn't realized how bad it is till playing it myself.

The second person misses out on 90% of the game.
What's the "it" you mean? I was referring to the fact that in the direct they showed off features like visiting other people's islands and doing island tours where you get to go to random non-player islands, meet new villagers and find new fauna and flora. Stuff like that.

What do you mean by second person? I think the fact that multiple users on the same Switch have to share one island is definitely bad. At least should have been an option to have your own.

Legend

What is that?
There is one save file per switch, not one save file per account.

If family or friends share a system then only one of them can fully play the game. The rest are forced to be secondary players.
What's the "it" you mean? I was referring to the fact that in the direct they showed off features like visiting other people's islands and doing island tours where you get to go to random non-player islands, meet new villagers and find new fauna and flora. Stuff like that.

What do you mean by second person? I think the fact that multiple users on the same Switch have to share one island is definitely bad. At least should have been an option to have your own.
Yeah multiple people on the same switch.

It is broken, not just bad. Additional players are treated as secondary and cannot fully play the game. Intro gets skipped and most progression is shared.

Legend

7.4 user review right now due to the single island per switch.

Xevross

There is one save file per switch, not one save file per account.

If family or friends share a system then only one of them can fully play the game. The rest are forced to be secondary players.
Yeah multiple people on the same switch.

It is broken, not just bad. Additional players are treated as secondary and cannot fully play the game. Intro gets skipped and most progression is shared.
Oh yikes I didn't realise it was that bad. What an unbelievable design decision, how could Nintendo mess this up so much?

kitler53

it's makes a lot of sense.   2 save files would take up a an extra 5 mb of data and nintendo would have to develop a screen that allows people to pick which save file they are intending to play.  

while technically possible,.. that is just too much effort for a nintendo title.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

it's makes a lot of sense.   2 save files would take up a an extra 5 mb of data and nintendo would have to develop a screen that allows people to pick which save file they are intending to play.  

while technically possible,.. that is just too much effort for a nintendo title.  
Lazy devs don't exist. Just devs that stick to budgets.

It's frustrating because this isn't that though. The devs put in extra work to make this feature. It's a cool concept but not fleshed out enough to be forced as the only option.

kitler53

Lazy devs don't exist. Just devs that stick to budgets.

It's frustrating because this isn't that though. The devs put in extra work to make this feature. It's a cool concept but not fleshed out enough to be forced as the only option.
who blamed the developers?   i clearly stated nintendo,.. since laziness permeates almost all nintendo titles it clearly is a corporate mandate not any specific development team.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens