NSFW tags: what goes in them?

Started by Legend, Aug 23, 2014, 06:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

So...

I'd prefer to think of them as "non family friendly" tags. You're fine to post the content, but a people should have options. A user here who doesn't want to see that should not have to see that.

It should be no different than the profanity filter imo.

Raven

Then tag my avatar while you're at it.

Legend

Then tag my avatar while you're at it.

I'd like to get multiple avatar options too.

My game is rated G raven. I want to do everything I can to not limit you guys from talking about what you want and expressing yourselves however you want, but when possible I also want to give guests the cleanest possible experience.

Legend

Hey problem solved.

I'll just set a master switch to hide all images from guests.

Then you can use the NSFW as you deem fit.

Raven

I'd like to get multiple avatar options too.

My game is rated G raven. I want to do everything I can to not limit you guys from talking about what you want and expressing yourselves however you want, but when possible I also want to give guests the cleanest possible experience.

By automatically blanketing a NSFW tag on a thread about anime girls. With not a single image that had been posted actually going over the line. With all of us respecting the fact that it was a publicly viewed part of the forum. Anyone who clicks on that thread is going there because they saw "girls" in the title. They're not innocent at that point and this whole "protect the possible viewers" crud is the same kind of thing that started happening on VGC. This growing obsession with your forum's image is wearing thin on me pretty quick.

Legend

...This growing obsession with your forum's image is wearing thin on me pretty quick.

Yes I can tell :(

Mmm_fish_tacos

Guys... Let's not do this. This place has been a millions times better to us than the other forum ever was. And while I do agree nothing in that thread was NSFW but Legend also came up with a compromise, that really doesn't affect us. Just turn off the NSFW filter and everything is good. Remember, we're all friends.