when will rise of tr release on ps4?

Started by Legend, Aug 23, 2014, 03:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

2018 in a bundle like mass effect

Square wants to sell games too much to wait that long.

Legend

Hmmm.

I'll go with January 26th too!!!

the-pi-guy

Hmmm.

I'll go with January 26th too!!!

If it comes out that day, you have to buy max and yourself the game!

Legend

If it comes out that day, you have to buy max and yourself the game!

Oh the horror!

Vita!

Feb. seems way too soon.

Let's look at this realistically. Microsoft and SE are going to keep acting like it's exclusive until the game has finally released. That means until the end of 2015, the PS4 version will have had zero marketing. If they announce the port in January, then they'd need time to rebuild hype for PlayStation 4 owners who stopped caring about the game.

I predict June 14th, 2016. You better buy me the game when I'm closest :)

u4gReservoirDogs

It won't be out in januar 2015, but it will be before spring 2015.
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Max King of the Wild

Aug 24, 2014, 12:56 AM Last Edit: Aug 24, 2014, 12:58 AM by Max King of the Wild

Feb. seems way too soon.

Let's look at this realistically. Microsoft and SE are going to keep acting like it's exclusive until the game has finally released. That means until the end of 2015, the PS4 version will have had zero marketing. If they announce the port in January, then they'd need time to rebuild hype for PlayStation 4 owners who stopped caring about the game.

I predict June 14th, 2016. You better buy me the game when I'm closest :)

I'm looking at this realistically from the perspective of SE not going full retard in business sense. They want to sell as many as possible. A delay in the ps4 will already decrease sales and the longer it takes the more sales they miss. Also, Jan-Mar is still a good quarter to release a game. April-september not so much. Also, it shouldn't take long to port the game to ps4 at all. Less time than it took TLoU to be ported which if I remember correctly took 6 months. Also, you don't find it odd they keep specifying holiday period? That ends in January

Mmm_fish_tacos

I would bet that they are still working on the ps4 version, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that both versions go gold at the same time

Vita!

I'm looking at this realistically from the perspective of SE not going full retard in business sense. They want to sell as many as possible. A delay in the ps4 will already decrease sales and the longer it takes the more sales they miss. Also, Jan-Mar is still a good quarter to release a game. April-september not so much. Also, it shouldn't take long to port the game to ps4 at all. Less time than it took TLoU to be ported which if I remember correctly took 6 months. Also, you don't find it odd they keep specifying holiday period? That ends in January

I think they'd be forced by Microsoft to have all hands on deck working on the Microsoft versions. A PS4 port will not take that long to do, but I don't think they'd start work on it until the Microsoft versions went gold.

I do find it odd that they keep mentioning holiday period, but only because they're trying to make it sound like an exclusive. They have to force the 2015 part in there, so they'd naturally extend it to "holiday 2015."

nnodley

I would bet that they are still working on the ps4 version, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that both versions go gold at the same time

If they don't continue working on the ps4 version they are legit idiots. 

Vita!

If they don't continue working on the ps4 version they are legit idiots. 

They made their game timed exclusive to XBOX ONE.

I think we've already established the fact they're "legit idiots"

Legend

Microsoft will be paying a lot though. Since SE took this deal, then we can safely assume they're making a lot of money to compensate for the lost PS4 sales. The risk is almost exclusively Microsoft's.

nnodley

HAHA yeah very true.  Since the ps4 is the most powerful console, I would imagine that they used that as the lead console for development and now since MS is getting a holiday duration they are likely working on xbox one, but are likely still porting over from xbox to ps4 while upping graphics that ps4 can do and xbox can't.  Or MS is going to force parity which seems like a safe bet that could happen.

darkknightkryta

Hmmm, what if there's a delay and the game slips the 2015 holiday window?

Vita!

Hmmm, what if there's a delay and the game slips the 2015 holiday window?

Then both release at the same time!

Go Up