Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Xevross, Oct 26, 2018, 08:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Oh by the way those of you who are playing through this, I can't recommend highly enough that you make lots of separate manual saves as you go through the game, so you can jump back to any chapter you want. The game changes a lot throughout and you lose access to quite a lot of stuff as you progress later, the game offers no way to revert back except for loading older manual saves.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

3 of my favourite games of the gen have good boys in, seems legit.

Xevross

Ho. Ly. shame. What an ending to the game. Bravo, Rockstar, bravo. What a game.

Dr. Pezus

Not because you thought the game got worse, but because you realized a 15/10 was ludicrous and thought to tone it down a speck.  

Only a speck mind you.  

Unrelated, but this reminded me.  
Something that ive thought about is having a machine to sense your brain, to see how much one enjoys something.  Maybe it'd make reviews more objective!  
Except enjoyment isn't objective lulz

the-pi-guy

Except enjoyment isn't objective lulz
Why couldn't you measure your brain to see how much you are personally enjoying something?  

DD_Bwest

Oh by the way those of you who are playing through this, I can't recommend highly enough that you make lots of separate manual saves as you go through the game, so you can jump back to any chapter you want. The game changes a lot throughout and you lose access to quite a lot of stuff as you progress later, the game offers no way to revert back except for loading older manual saves.
wait what theirs a manual save option?  where? lol  

Xevross

wait what theirs a manual save option?  where? lol  
When you press options, its under the story section. For some reason that's what they decided to call their load/save system...

DD_Bwest

I like how i can just go off on some random adventure leaving the story behind lol  ive done like 12%,   but im off at the far edge of the map in what seems to be an industrial center.

also the AI on horses can be brutal at times, i had one make a sudden 90 degree turn to jump infront of my carriage,  then getting mad and starting to shoot lol

Xevross

I like how i can just go off on some random adventure leaving the story behind lol  ive done like 12%,   but im off at the far edge of the map in what seems to be an industrial center.

also the AI on horses can be brutal at times, i had one make a sudden 90 degree turn to jump infront of my carriage,  then getting mad and starting to shoot lol
Yeah the horse AI is pretty crud. Other horses often just completely ignore your existence and turn into you, and when you're riding with someone else its like they're on a predetermined path instead of adjusting to give you space. The amount of times my mate has forced me off the road or into an obstacle...

Also your own horse AI is just shame. I don't get why sometimes it overrides what you're doing in order to get you to dodge obstacles, and other times it doesn't at all and you just crash. Sometimes the overriding is so strong it makes you worse off, or you're trying to dodge left of something but the game tries to force you right and then of course you crash. One time I was riding on the pavement and my horse decided it should dodge this lamppost I clearly wasn't going to hit, and in doing so hit the wall next to us and of course I fell off. Its just so inconsistent, I don't get it at all. Its definitely worst thing about the game.

Xevross

After much deliberation since I've seen the credits I think, for now, this is the second best game I've played on PS4, behind TLOU.

Dr. Pezus

After much deliberation since I've seen the credits I think, for now, this is the second best game I've played on PS4, behind TLOU.
We need a score
So TLOU-1/100?

Xevross

We need a score
So TLOU-1/100?
Indeed. I have TLOU at 99, so I'm thinking RDR2 is either a 98 or 99 right now.

Dr. Pezus

Indeed. I have TLOU at 99, so I'm thinking RDR2 is either a 98 or 99 right now.
That's crazy!

Xevross

That's crazy!
Yep! RDR2 is phenomenal. I'd say its more flawed than pretty much every game I've ranked 96+, but it has by far the highest highs (besides BOTW).

Go Up