PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Wrong

@bold have you heard of GTA??? its kind of a big deal... I hear it even has many leather bound books, and its floors smell of rich mahogany

more to the point it's not that it was offensive, but rather unnecessary (i think) it only served as a point of interest for the media to keep focus on the game to sell more copies rather than serve the story itself thereby lessening the quality of the story telling in that game

You say that like Modern Warfare 2 tried to construct a cohesive story from the let-go, which it didn't, since it was full of plotholes. But anyway, I never understood why that mission got so popular on the first place. They shouldn't have offered you an option to quit it or anything (Just look at the mission of Killing Castro in Black Ops. You have to do it yes or yes, there's no other way around), just simply accomplish it. It's not like you're playing a +12 game.

Reminded me of when people was shouting that you could bang an alien in Mass Effect 1. Thing got blown out of proportion, just like in Modern Warfare 2. You can romance Liara, and that's it. It's a romance option.  And yes, you slaughter a bunch of civilians on Modern Warfare 2 in order to push the envelope for a world war. But that scene on MW2 isn't any different from completing the Warrior's Guild in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, on which you eventually end up slaughtering a whole village, kids included. No one made a fuzz about that.

7H3

It was ACTI that made the big deal about it which in turn let to the media picking up on it... Not to mention it was just poorly written even for a game
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Riderz1337

That MGS V demo was really cool.

Pop ins were a little annoying but it's still being developed...Plus 1080P 60 FPS Aww hell yeah...

IDK if i'll even play it though. I haven't touched a single MGS game and I feel like I'll just be super lost while playing V lol
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Riderz1337

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

You say that like Modern Warfare 2 tried to construct a cohesive story from the let-go, which it didn't, since it was full of plotholes. But anyway, I never understood why that mission got so popular on the first place. They shouldn't have offered you an option to quit it or anything (Just look at the mission of Killing Castro in Black Ops. You have to do it yes or yes, there's no other way around), just simply accomplish it. It's not like you're playing a +12 game.

Reminded me of when people was shouting that you could bang an alien in Mass Effect 1. Thing got blown out of proportion, just like in Modern Warfare 2. You can romance Liara, and that's it. It's a romance option.  And yes, you slaughter a bunch of civilians on Modern Warfare 2 in order to push the envelope for a world war. But that scene on MW2 isn't any different from completing the Warrior's Guild in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, on which you eventually end up slaughtering a whole village, kids included. No one made a fuzz about that.

Wright as always, Wrong

Wrong

ethomaz

ethomaz

I hope these are the games for US too... I'm glad I didn't bought Strider and Towerfall yet ;)

BTW this is Asia: http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/psn/psPlus#comingOffers

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

Is this different from the other one? It was 24 minutes

There is the Mother Base at the end... few minutes... this one is the full video.

Dr. Pezus

I hope these are the games for US too... I'm glad I didn't bought Strider and Towerfall yet ;)

BTW this is Asia: http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/psn/psPlus#comingOffers

Towerfall, yeah baby! Also Velocity Ultra is awesome. Mind 0 is interesting

nnodley

YEAH!! Just bought state of decay on steam for $5 thinks to the daily deals for the steam summer sale.

Wrong

YEAH!! Just bought state of decay on steam for $5 thinks to the daily deals for the steam summer sale.

State of Decay is very rough and unpolished, but it is an impressive game all things considered!

Dr. Pezus

I checked out the Russian Steam store and everything is at least 50% cheaper there. Hot dang. Unfortunately I can't buy the games there without a Russian credit card or something. Could look for a friendly Russian to gift me the games though

Wrong

In other related news, I might be purchasing a Ps4 soon! (Soon = 2015 and forward xD)

Go Up