Microsoft E3 Press Conference 2017

Started by Xevross, Jun 11, 2017, 05:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

darkknightkryta

I don't know, I think they don't have anything.  Not because it's impossible, but because of how his PR sounds.  "Hardware's more important"... no it's not.  You made your crud console, live by it and bring games.  New hardware isn't going to solve this problem.  And why is making new hardware a focus mid gen?  Sony made the PS4 Pro because of manufacturing efficiencies allowed them to do a mid gen upgrade.  The Xbox One X is almost a re-engineer of their original console.  Devs have to spend more time on QA now on it since the esram is gone.  Microsoft was better off investing in the Xbox One's successor while making games for their current box.  Now they have a half step being released now that won't get their support because games won't be ready until the Xbox Two gets released in 2020.  Who's running this division?  

Aura7541

EVen still, that's not news without knowing the games.

COuld be super lucky's tale 2 or state of decay 3 type. Maybe fun games, but not an improvement over their current situation.
I feel that he's been kicking the can down the road. He said Microsoft was invested in first party games two years ago, but of course, the results have been pretty bad.

the-pi-guy

Spencer: We Have Just Signed Exclusives That Won’t Be Ready for 2-3 Years, No Point i - NeoGAF
I agree and disagree with Spencer here, sometimes you can make appeal to consumers to make a blind leap of faith ala Phantom Dust/Scalebound and it can end miserably. So you can see how those situations should be avoided and its best to focus on the near future, however if theres one thing that bolsters trust in a brand its showing long-term software support. So whats more important, excitement or accuracy?
 EDIT: Thread title hilariously cut off

In other words, don't expect much of anything from them until at least 2019, possibly 2020.
"Xbox Two is going to have soo many games!"

BananaKing

EVen still, that's not news without knowing the games.

COuld be super lucky's tale 2 or state of decay 3 type. Maybe fun games, but not an improvement over their current situation.
He is most likely talking about forza horizon 4&5 and forza 8 as well. A new gears.

Phil is all talk. Remember where he teased a new AAA game to launch along side Scorpio this year? Yeah, that was forza 7

Go Up