Space exploration and rockets general thread

Started by Legend, Jan 07, 2017, 05:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

DD_Bwest

Falcon Heavy has the demo flight and then this flight on the 30th.

Also Echostar is now NET Feb 3rd.
well thats better than q3!   still a 3 month frame tho that i wish could get narrowed down.

Legend

Erector was up today. Seems like the Feb 3rd date might stick, at least as far as pad preparation goes.

DD_Bwest

I heard a rumor an f9 was vertical this morning,  i can see how they got confused with the erector up.   this will be an awesome year for space flight

Legend

Echostar has been pushed back behind CRS 10, since CRS has a tighter launch schedule.

CRS10 is still net Feb 15. The hanger for 39A is larger and can support multiple Falcons simultaneously, so it allows them to be more flexible with launch order.

DD_Bwest

Echostar has been pushed back behind CRS 10, since CRS has a tighter launch schedule.

CRS10 is still net Feb 15. The hanger for 39A is larger and can support multiple Falcons simultaneously, so it allows them to be more flexible with launch order.
bah i guess that means there was more pad delays.   atleast thatll be RTLS wont it?

Legend

bah i guess that means there was more pad delays.   atleast thatll be RTLS wont it?
RTLS during the day!

DD_Bwest

Legend

Also CRS 10 was bumped up a day. It's now launching on the 14th. Static fire is set for the 8th. Things are actually happening!!!

Legend

I've never seen a view like this.

Wow is that crazy looking

DD_Bwest

dang thats nice. i havent seen a closeup of the strong back and launch mount horizontal from that close, never mind with the f9 on it.  

on that note apprently 39a strong back and launch mount were horizontal together for the first time.  dang im excited foe the next crs flight

DD_Bwest

falcon heavy side core with nose cone attached seen leaving hawthorne. ill get a pic when i get home

speculation its thw returned thaicom 8

Legend

falcon heavy side core with nose cone attached seen leaving hawthorne. ill get a pic when i get home

speculation its thw returned thaicom 8
Also CRS 10 delayed to the 17th.

And another ITS tank test.

Legend

DD_Bwest

haha ya i look at NSF forums alot..  tempted to get the L2 upgrade lol

Go Up