When will ps5 be in stock for at least a few hours?

Started by kitler53, Jan 07, 2021, 08:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

When will ps5 be in stock for at least a few hours?

January
0 (0%)
Feburary
0 (0%)
March
0 (0%)
April
0 (0%)
May
2 (40%)
June
1 (20%)
July
0 (0%)
August
0 (0%)
September
0 (0%)
October
0 (0%)
December
0 (0%)
January 2022
0 (0%)
February 2022
0 (0%)
March 2022
0 (0%)
April 2022
0 (0%)
May 2022
1 (20%)
June 2022
1 (20%)
July 2022
0 (0%)
August 2022
0 (0%)
September 2022
0 (0%)
> September 2022
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Legend

I have to give it to series s at least. It can be found, but by now I expected most stores to have it in stock every day.

Xevross

I have to give it to series s at least. It can be found, but by now I expected most stores to have it in stock every day.
There's barely any series S being shipped.

kitler53

Yes absolutely. And sorry for getting you excited, but its the first time either has been somewhat easily obtainable so I thought it was noteworthy. It has no bearing on PS5 for sure, we don't know how much stock Target got and XSX demand is obviously a lot lower.
Yeah, Series S has never been too hard to find if you want one. There's been quite a few occasions where its stayed in stock for days, and in Europe demand is pretty much met for it already. This is what I predicted, people don't really want series S right now. It needs games to come out for it.
no worries, your post was perfectly appropriate for this thread.  i just got excited is all. 

yeah, series s is a hard sell, imo, compared to ps5 DE.  i think ms fails to grasp the market right now with both series s and gamepass.  they arn't seeing the market for what it is but rather what they wish it was. 

no you don't.  if demand is nearly met for a product that has shipped like 200k units WW there is no need to "give it to them"

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

no worries, your post was perfectly appropriate for this thread.  i just got excited is all.

yeah, series s is a hard sell, imo, compared to ps5 DE.  i think ms fails to grasp the market right now with both series s and gamepass.  they arn't seeing the market for what it is but rather what they wish it was.
no you don't.  if demand is nearly met for a product that has shipped like 200k units WW there is no need to "give it to them"
They're trying to shape the market into what they want it to be rather than selling to the current market. It is a bold strategy.

I think Series S has been about 1/3 of the total shipment, so it'll be around 1mil shipped WW.

kitler53

They're trying to shape the market into what they want it to be rather than selling to the current market. It is a bold strategy.

I think Series S has been about 1/3 of the total shipment, so it'll be around 1mil shipped WW.
i mean, its not a vision entirely without merit.  i am happy with netflix.  ...but will anyone argue that netflix is indusrty leading on the quality of their content?   i wouldn't.  

i just think to make it viable ms would need to have a monopoly on gaming.  ..as in like litterally 100% of console/pc gamers would need to be subscribed to their service.  i don't like that idea because quality content would die out.

the-pi-guy

Series S could be big.  It's just in a weird spot. It's trying to sell to people who are a few years from wanting it, if they ever do.  And at that point those people might decide a Series X is a better buy anyways.

Legend

I thought Series S might not sell out at launch. Don't think you guys understand how low the bar is for me to be wrong.

BananaKing

The issue with series S is that most people don't want to spend 300 on a gimped console. For 100 more you get a PS5 DE. And it seems infinitely more worth it. Specially that the xbox has nothing new to play. Spiderman and demouns souls are good system sellers. Retournal will come, so will ratchet, GT7 and horizon by the time Halo comes. Everything else from MS feels miles away, its just not worth it

Xevross

Series X lasted over half an hour on the MS store last night. Looks like the X really is getting there. If you want one now you still have to be on the ball but you don't have to fight against bots and crashed websites anymore.

I reckon the PS5 is still at least a couple of months away from this stage.

kitler53

Series X lasted over half an hour on the MS store last night. Looks like the X really is getting there. If you want one now you still have to be on the ball but you don't have to fight against bots and crashed websites anymore.

I reckon the PS5 is still at least a couple of months away from this stage.
so no more demand for a $1000 series x but plenty for a $600 series x.  

a 30 minute window is still probably too narrow for myself.  i'd need to get very lucky to get word of that and place my order in-time.

kitler53

Feb 02, 2021, 03:45 PM Last Edit: Feb 02, 2021, 03:54 PM by kitler53
so i did my daily check for consoles today and i found one....

...but it's at a target about 10 miles away, they won't let me order it for "in-store pick-up" (i'd have to drive there and hope it is still in stock), and i'm at work and can't possibly drive there until 8 pm.

i have no chance at this but it is the first time i've seen it in any way what-so-ever.

...but it's at a target about 10 miles away, they won't let me order it for "in-store pick-up" (i'd have to drive there and hope it is still in stock), and i'm at work and can't possibly drive there until 8 pm.

i have no chance at this but it is the first time i've seen it in any way what-so-ever.
sold out.

the-pi-guy

I'm so lucky to have gotten one.  :-*

Xevross

sold out.
When I've been following it, target seems like the only ones where you have a chance. Since they sell them per store and you have to go and get them, scalpers and bots don't really have much of a chance.

kitler53

When I've been following it, target seems like the only ones where you have a chance. Since they sell them per store and you have to go and get them, scalpers and bots don't really have much of a chance.
i have no problem with the "go and get" aspect even if i have to drive 10 miles.   ...but i'd like to at least be able to buy it for "pick-up".  i'm not driving to target on the hopes i get there before the other 3 people that noticed stock is available get there first.

they had nintendo switch available for shipping.  i haven't seen one of those in a long while either.  i'm still mulling over the idea i get one for my sony for his b-day.  i still have a few months but since they are hard to get i should probably buy very early if it buy.   i'm just not sure if it is worth it because he's basically not liked anything we've played except the lego franchise.  we've played a bit of mario kart wii but only time trials because he hates racing with anyone else on the track.  he's not really liked platformers.  he's too young for zelda and smash.   so is it even worth it?  maybe he'd like animal crossing?!?   ...but on the other hand i'm literally out of games on playstation i can get him.

i wish there was enough games on switch to justify the purchase for myself.  it would make the decision a lot easier but i "favorited" every game i could even possibly see myself buying and i only got up to 18 and i'm pretty meh on most of them (especially at $60) and 2 of them are xbox games (ori).  i'd be so fudgy angry if i get animal crossing for my kid at $60 and he only plays it for 10 minutes.

the-pi-guy

Was in stock on Amazon for 21 minutes.

In the middle of the night.

Go Up