PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

nnodley

I started Immortals: Fenyx Rising.  Liking what I'm playing so far. It's pretty much assassins creed without the hidden blade and Isu stuff

Legend

I started Immortals: Fenyx Rising.  Liking what I'm playing so far. It's pretty much assassins creed without the hidden blade and Isu stuff
On my list. Is it wrong to expect a botw like game?

nnodley

On my list. Is it wrong to expect a botw like game?
Yes and no.  It does seem to have some influence of BOTW with its climbing and exploration, but has more "new" assassins creed style combat and gear.

Xevross

I'm on the fence about it as its on sale for £29.99, easily the cheapest good big PS5 game I haven't got yet. I don't wanna support Ubi and that's holding me back, but if I feel like I really want it I'll bite.

nnodley

I'm on the fence about it as its on sale for £29.99, easily the cheapest good big PS5 game I haven't got yet. I don't wanna support Ubi and that's holding me back, but if I feel like I really want it I'll bite.
Its definitely a very Ubi game with the "viewpoints" to uncover the map and to survey for different activities.  I'm only about an hour in and it seems like a cute, whimsical Ubi game that isn't trying to be too serious.

nnodley

Valhalla also added in trigger resistance for the bow in the latest update.  Not super strong but its nice to feel just to add a little something to it.  Immortals is suppose to have it as well, but don't have a bow yet.

Legend

I have a ps5 game now!

Miles here I come.

Legend

Miles
Demon's Souls
AC Valhalla
Watch Dogs Legion

Not too bad compared to my first PS4 games

Knack
Killzone Shadowfall
Cod Ghosts
Need for Speed whichever was 2013
Lego Marvel
AC4
Injustice
Dragon Age

Legend

Finished spiderman!

Loved that it was shorter. Felt focused instead of a bunch of sidequests. Liked it a good amount but nothing amazing imo.

the-pi-guy

I have my PS5 set upstairs, I figured my siblings would appreciate that. But right now I'm staying in the basement as much as possible due to wife having Covid.

So I've been remote playing my PS5.  
There's a little bit of degration, but the experience is generally great.

The only major thing I want to complain about is the PS5 won't start up from rest mode for remote play. Despite the fact it is set up to do so.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

as a guy with literally only 1 disc (astro bot rescue mission),...  i'm feeling over the moon!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Feb 04, 2021, 02:43 PM Last Edit: Feb 04, 2021, 03:04 PM by the-pi-guy
So we are waiting on:
Rest mode fix
8K, 1440p
VRR
External storage for PS5 games
Internal storage enabled
Folders
Full spec HDMI 2.0 (HDR)

Would be nice:
Quick Resume

Xevross

So we are waiting on:
Rest mode fix
8K, 1440p
VRR
External storage for PS5 games
Internal storage enabled
Folders

Would be nice:
Quick Resume
Is the rest mode fix actually a thing? I thought it was a couple of games causing the problem.

Biggest one for me that you didn't list is expand HDMI support so 4K 120Hz can be displayed in HDR on all TVs, mine included. I guess that would come with the VRR update which should fix all that stuff.

the-pi-guy

Is the rest mode fix actually a thing? I thought it was a couple of games causing the problem.
It might be both.  
I've gotten a few crashes on random games.

Go Up