PlayStation Studios Development

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I am probably misremembering.  

I know when the last of us came out, everyone was talking about them having two teams.  

But I thought there was an interview later where they talked about that there aren't exactly two distinct teams.  I am probably misremembering because I can't find the article right now.  I was under the impression that people get moved around a lot and they might have most of the studio working on a game with prototyping on the side or they might have a couple of groups working on games.

semantics?

if two teams means that people A are assigned to project A and people B are assigned to project B than yeah,.. your right.   i don't really see it that way for ND thought.   They are fully capable of working on two AAA games at a time.   where other studios do mass hiring during "production" and then a mass firing shortly after release ND maintains their employees by having rolling contributions to various projects.

I mean, their are 3 phases of game development: pre-production, prototyping, and production.    

ND seemed to align their teams not to a project but to these phases.  so basically the prototyping never really ends.  when one "game" is ready for production they start prototyping the next game.  when one game is finished with production they start producing the next game.

so my point is they output 2 teams worth of content.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens