Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

darkknightkryta

Aura7541

Akashic Records is pretty decent. It reminds me of Rakudai Kishi in that the magical academy setting has already been done several times, but it's competent and does enough to be a bit different from the others.

darkknightkryta

May 10, 2017, 02:17 AM Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:39 AM by darkknightkryta
Anime North is soon!

Just finished the first season of Is the Order a Rabbit.  I was putting it off cause they didn't announce the second season when I was watching it.  
Does anyone else not finish something cause you don't want it to end?  I personally haven't finished Ouran High School Host in like the 4 years since I bought it for the same reason (3 or so episodes left to watch)

BasilZero

Gundam ZZ is so bad.

darkknightkryta

Gundam ZZ is so bad.
Is it worse than Build Fighters?

BasilZero

Is it worse than Build Fighters?
Never seen build fighters but when you turn a sequel to one of the darkest anime in the Gundam series to a light hearted comedy with some of the villains from the previous anime and some of the major characters into a bunch of jokes, your ratings are gonna go down and people wont watch it.

Supposedly from what I read, the creator was going through depression and the fact that a lot of major characters died at the series premiere in Gundam Zeta, the creator (with his wife, and his co-workers) decided to make the sequel to Zeta gundam which is Gundam ZZ a comedy.......thankfully from what I heard due to the drop in ratings, they decided to make the 2nd half of the show dark like Gundam Zeta.

It didnt help it though in the end because it was the first Gundam anime not to get dubbed (while Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Zeta) were the first two Gundam anime and both were dubbed shortly.

darkknightkryta

Never seen build fighters but when you turn a sequel to one of the darkest anime in the Gundam series to a light hearted comedy with some of the villains from the previous anime and some of the major characters into a bunch of jokes, your ratings are gonna go down and people wont watch it.

Supposedly from what I read, the creator was going through depression and the fact that a lot of major characters died at the series premiere in Gundam Zeta, the creator (with his wife, and his co-workers) decided to make the sequel to Zeta gundam which is Gundam ZZ a comedy.......thankfully from what I heard due to the drop in ratings, they decided to make the 2nd half of the show dark like Gundam Zeta.

It didnt help it though in the end because it was the first Gundam anime not to get dubbed (while Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Zeta) were the first two Gundam anime and both were dubbed shortly.
Build Fighters had the fan service pool/beach episode, I'll assume it was a comedy?

BasilZero

May 11, 2017, 01:34 AM Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 01:36 AM by BasilZero
Build Fighters had the fan service pool/beach episode, I'll assume it was a comedy?
Fan service in ZZ? None so far and I'm 5 episodes in.

But ya, and not the typical comedy stuff you see in stuff these days but stuff like Looney tunes comedy where a character does some crazy inhuman animation exaggeration.

Here's something from the anime....have you seen something stupid like this in a Gundam anime?

There's just so much cringe in this.

What a shame way to end a three part series.....at least they kinda redeemed the story when making the movie l0l.

darkknightkryta

Fan service in ZZ? None so far and I'm 5 episodes in.

But ya, and not the typical comedy stuff you see in stuff these days but stuff like Looney tunes comedy where a character does some crazy inhuman animation exaggeration.

Here's something from the anime....have you seen something stupid like this in a Gundam anime?

There's just so much cringe in this.

What a shame way to end a three part series.....at least they kinda redeemed the story when making the movie l0l.
Not gonna lie, this looks amazing.

BasilZero

Not gonna lie, this looks amazing.
Well that ya, but when you see Scooby doo animations and looney tunes animations on characters that were serious to the core in the previous gundam anime but now a buncha clowns....you wont like it ;(

Compare it to what happened to the characters from Final Fantasy X....in Final Fantasy X-2.

the-pi-guy

I got really excited when I thought you were saying Scooby Doo was in another show.  
But then I realized what you were saying. :(

darkknightkryta

Well that ya, but when you see Scooby doo animations and looney tunes animations on characters that were serious to the core in the previous gundam anime but now a buncha clowns....you wont like it ;(

Compare it to what happened to the characters from Final Fantasy X....in Final Fantasy X-2.
I liked Final Fantasy X-2, it was sexy.

BasilZero

I liked Final Fantasy X-2, it was sexy.
It was garbage when it comes to Story and its Characters.

Gameplay and music was nice though.

But compared to X - it was a piece of radioactive heavy loaded goat shame.

darkknightkryta

It was garbage when it comes to Story and its Characters.

Gameplay and music was nice though.

But compared to X - it was a piece of radioactive heavy loaded goat shame.
Yeah... Sexy

darkknightkryta

I miss Kill La Kill  :'(

Go Up