I love free games on the Epic Game Store

Started by Legend, Jun 04, 2021, 12:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It and PS+ are how the game catalogues should work. Every week I'm focused on what fun new game will be offered.

Meanwhile with gamepass, I never think about new games. I only ever pull up the catalogue to see what is leaving and what I need to quickly play or give up. If they gave you a month and specifically sent you a notification when something on your backlog was set to be removed, that could work. Instead I'm the one that has to pay attention and jump on games with sometimes only a few days notice.

TLDR: this is another gamepass sucks thread, but I also do really like the free games on Epic.

Also for you game devs, be sure to download Epic's free game dev content every month. Content Search - UE Marketplace

kitler53

yep.

i was going to make a thread after i finish parrelling to gamepass but fudge it.  

netflix is losing hannibal tomorrow so i watched 3 seasons in 2 weeks.  the pressure to watch it took a fudgy awesome show and pretty much ruined it for me.  its a chore now and too heavy to be watching 3 episodes a day.  

i hate subs that lose content.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

yep.

i was going to make a thread after i finish parrelling to gamepass but fudge it.  

netflix is losing hannibal tomorrow so i watched 3 seasons in 2 weeks.  the pressure to watch it took a fudgy awesome show and pretty much ruined it for me.  its a chore now and too heavy to be watching 3 episodes a day.  

Hannibal is great. That sucks.

I've binged a ton of amazing shows and I've loved finishing 30 hour games in just two days, but there is a huge difference between that "just one more hour" feeling and that "I can't afford to stop" feeling.

I'm really glad I gave up on Pathologic 2. It was leaving gamepass and after sampling a couple hours, I decided to just buy it in the future when I'm ready.

Xevross

Game pass leaving stuff does suck, but once you've had it for a while and caught up with what you want it shouldn't be a problem. They also clearly notify you of what's new, if you want to kind of treat it like PS+ and try out the new stuff every month.

the-pi-guy

The great thing about Plex is that nothing ever leaves.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Blah blah Netflix is cheaper, there is no comparison on value. &nbsp;Etc.<br><br><br>I was just kidding, calm down! &nbsp;<br>

kitler53

The great thing about Plex is that nothing ever leaves.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Blah blah Netflix is cheaper, there is no comparison on value.  Etc.

I was just kidding, calm down! 

turns out twin peaks is leaving at the end of the month so it's out of the oven and into the frying pan for me...

I'm about half way through the series now but I've been watch for a few months.  now I have to finish the back half in ~2 weeks.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens