PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

The shoulders have really changed. Almost like the base model was made more anatomically correct even without muscle deformation.

BananaKing

Just finished Ghost if Tsushima. What a game. Its brilliant. A 9/10 for me. Wonderful story and game. Fun to play, with so much depth. Can't wait to see what sucker punch do next.

Such a great game. Even the side missions had great stories.

Legend

Just finished Ghost if Tsushima. What a game. Its brilliant. A 9/10 for me. Wonderful story and game. Fun to play, with so much depth. Can't wait to see what sucker punch do next.

Such a great game. Even the side missions had great stories.
You're temping me to finish it!

BananaKing

You're temping me to finish it!
Youre crazy if you haven't. Honestly its a great game. Better than horizon. Which is saying a lot since im a total GG fanboy. But the writing is just so much better.

In horizon at some point everybody was kissing aloys dog, and she could do no wrong. It was boring and bad writing at times. They should have been more conflict, thats why the beginning of the story in horizon was great. You were the outcast, and had to fight against that. In ghost, there is that constant conflict between characters, the samurai code, and the needs of the people. Also, Holly fudge can it be grim and dark. Its not in your face morbid, but it does it well and subtly enough.

the-pi-guy

The past two weeks have been so bad for news that I literally had the absurd thought that Jim Ryan/Hermen Hulst were intentionally ruining PlayStation.  

Legend

The past two weeks have been so bad for news that I literally had the absurd thought that Jim Ryan/Hermen Hulst were intentionally ruining PlayStation.  
Don't be absurd, Hermen would never do that!

darkknightkryta

Don't be absurd, Hermen would never do that!

That's right!  Jim on the other hand

nnodley

TBH, sony has had such a good streak that some bad was bound to happen.  Now lets just hope they rectify the problems and don't let them keep festering.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Look at that poll https://www.resetera.com/threads/jim-ryan-might-be-the-most-radical-thing-thats-ever-happened-to-playstation-but-is-that-a-bad-thing.410148/

This is not to say that people are right, but it sure makes me think Sony can't skip E3 period this year. People are kinda restless.

kitler53

Look at that poll https://www.resetera.com/threads/jim-ryan-might-be-the-most-radical-thing-thats-ever-happened-to-playstation-but-is-that-a-bad-thing.410148/

This is not to say that people are right, but it sure makes me think Sony can't skip E3 period this year. People are kinda restless.
sony already is on the record not attending E3. 

I agree with the top post,..  they will all complain but they'll buy the next sony blockbuster.   no one bought gravity rush so who is really mad about it.  I played it,.. it was bad.  it doesn't deserve another entry and if it was made I wouldn't buy it. 

the narrative is sony isn't experimental at all now that it is just blockbusters.  I disagree.  we got GoT, days gone, dreams, 1866, horizon this gen.  plenty of experimentation but in the AAA space.  

basically I just don't believe in the game pass future.  only a niche site like resetera will you find people attempting to play 50 games in a year.  everyone else plays like 2,. maybe just one.   I practically just play rocket league. 

jim's vision is more aligned with consumers who really just want to play their fav mp game (CoD, fifa, ect.) and the 1 blockbuster (like GTA) a year.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I agree with the top post,..  they will all complain but they'll buy the next sony blockbuster.   no one bought gravity rush so who is really mad about it.  I played it,.. it was bad.  it doesn't deserve another entry and if it was made I wouldn't buy it.

the narrative is sony isn't experimental at all now that it is just blockbusters.  I disagree.  we got GoT, days gone, dreams, 1866, horizon this gen.  plenty of experimentation but in the AAA space.  

basically I just don't believe in the game pass future.  only a niche site like resetera will you find people attempting to play 50 games in a year.  everyone else plays like 2,. maybe just one.   I practically just play rocket league.

jim's vision is more aligned with consumers who really just want to play their fav mp game (CoD, fifa, ect.) and the 1 blockbuster (like GTA) a year.  

Yeah we know they're skipping E3 but they need something around E3.

the-pi-guy

They only said that for last year "E3 2020".
Technically they haven't said anything about this year.  

(Of course they are not going to attend though, they'll still have their own show within a week of the regular E3.)  

the narrative is sony isn't experimental at all now that it is just blockbusters.  I disagree.  we got GoT, days gone, dreams, 1866, horizon this gen.  plenty of experimentation but in the AAA space.  
The narrative also includes that Dreams was ignored by Sony.
A lot of people would say those other games were safe.  Days Gone gets compared to the Last of Us.  1886 gets compared to Uncharted.  Ghost of Tsushima have gotten comparisons to Assassin's Creed.

They are new IPs for sure, experimental is debatable, but I think the big question is are they going to continue that going forward?

basically I just don't believe in the game pass future.  only a niche site like resetera will you find people attempting to play 50 games in a year.  everyone else plays like 2,. maybe just one.   I practically just play rocket league.

Gamepass only really requires 2-3 games to be worth it depending on the tier.  :P

kitler53

They only said that for last year "E3 2020".
Technically they haven't said anything about this year.

(Of course they are not going to attend though, they'll still have their own show within a week of the regular E3.)  
The narrative also includes that Dreams was ignored by Sony.
A lot of people would say those other games were safe.  Days Gone gets compared to the Last of Us.  1886 gets compared to Uncharted.  Ghost of Tsushima have gotten comparisons to Assassin's Creed.

They are new IPs for sure, experimental is debatable, but I think the big question is are they going to continue that going forward?
Gamepass only really requires 2-3 games to be worth it depending on the tier.  :P
E3 just listed out the participating content partners: https://e3expo.com/news/e3-news/e3-2021-game-on

"Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Games, Koch Media, and more to come, E3 2021 will take place June 12 through June 15."

2-3 games is only true if you buy day-1 at $60+.  most people don't.  i certainly don't.  i never pay more than $20 for a game because i don't give a fudge if the game is 1 year old so it's more like 12 games to break even.   i can't say that i even play 12 games every year as i've well documented that my average is 15:  https://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=7908.msg256935#msg256935    and of the 15 i play a year not even half of those are or have ever been on gamepass.   

gamepass is basically asking me to pay the same amount of money i pay right now but instead of playing the games i want to play,.. play whatever spencer allows me to play.  or as the alternative,.. spent a lot more money than i do now on games buying gamepass and still buying the games i really want to play that won't come to gamepass.  no thanks.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

E3 just listed out the participating content partners: https://e3expo.com/news/e3-news/e3-2021-game-on

"Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Games, Koch Media, and more to come, E3 2021 will take place June 12 through June 15."
:-X
(Again, Sony isn't going to be there, I'm just saying it hasn't been confirmed yet.)

2-3 games is only true if you buy day-1 at $60+.  most people don't.  i certainly don't.  i never pay more than $20 for a game because i don't give a fudge if the game is 1 year old so it's more like 12 games to break even.   i can't say that i even play 12 games every year as i've well documented that my average is 15:  My Gen Eight in Review - Page 2    and of the 15 i play a year not even half of those are or have ever been on gamepass.  

gamepass is basically asking me to pay the same amount of money i pay right now but instead of playing the games i want to play,.. play whatever spencer allows me to play.  or as the alternative,.. spent a lot more money than i do now on games buying gamepass and still buying the games i really want to play that won't come to gamepass.  no thanks.
People who buy CoD, Assassin's Creed, etc, are usually going to be paying $60.  And that makes up a lot of people.

Go Up