Multiversus revealed, free to play, cross play PS4/PS5/XS/X1/PC

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 18, 2021, 03:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

kitler53

holy sheet this looks good.

i need to know a bit more about the f2p aspect of this and it is is actual plays well,...  but from a feature perspective smash has been utterly humiliated by this.   cross play.  cross progression.  guilds.  voice work.   dedicated servers.  

and trololol at the "remember the last time you DC'd from a match?  what about lag affecting your inputs.  multiverses goal is best in class online".   they might have well just said, "know how smash is broken as fudge online,.. yeah, come see what a good developer can create."

i'm soo into this right now.   this basically reduces the value of switch for me by half.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I thought this looked bad so I'm glad to see you're excited.

The toon look with Game of Thrones feels wrong.

kitler53

I thought this looked bad so I'm glad to see you're excited.

The toon look with Game of Thrones feels wrong.
are you kidding me!?!?   why?

and arya looks fantastic  to me.  of course it's a toon look,.. that's the look of the game.   if you put a realistic arya in the entire game would look disjointed and crud.

the-pi-guy

I think it looks fine.
*Shrugs*

kitler53

wow, so i've been reading threads about this multiverse for a while now and every once and a while i see a post that really made me say "wtf.  that's the oddest comment ever".   but then i saw it again and again and again and just today i finally realized,...

...they are asking for dexter:

not dexter....

Dr. Pezus

wow, so i've been reading threads about this multiverse for a while now and every once and a while i see a post that really made me say "wtf.  that's the oddest comment ever".   but then i saw it again and again and again and just today i finally realized,...

...they are asking for dexter:

not dexter....

Dexter (the OG) would be amazing tbh

Legend

are you kidding me!?!?   why?

and arya looks fantastic  to me.  of course it's a toon look,.. that's the look of the game.   if you put a realistic arya in the entire game would look disjointed and crud.
Then imo it shouldn't have arya. The cartoon look is good if they're going for a cartoon/comic look but then they should limit it to cartoon/comic characters. If Zendaya from Dune pops up as DLC wouldn't it feel just as out of place next to shaggy?

kitler53

Then imo it shouldn't have arya. The cartoon look is good if they're going for a cartoon/comic look but then they should limit it to cartoon/comic characters. If Zendaya from Dune pops up as DLC wouldn't it feel just as out of place next to shaggy?

wtf dumb view that is... 

because there is a batman movie the batman cartoons shouldn't exist?!?   we can't have a cartoony representation of a thing that also has a realistic representation.  i cannot disagree with you more.

the-pi-guy

Then imo it shouldn't have arya. The cartoon look is good if they're going for a cartoon/comic look but then they should limit it to cartoon/comic characters.
I mean, does Arya look bad or does she not look like herself?
I personally thought she looked fine.

If Zendaya from Dune pops up as DLC wouldn't it feel just as out of place next to shaggy?

Isn't that part of the fun?

Legend

wtf dumb view that is...

because there is a batman movie the batman cartoons shouldn't exist?!?   we can't have a cartoony representation of a thing that also has a realistic representation.  i cannot disagree with you more.
Lol it's not controversial to say different audiences can have minimal overlap, but you do you.

I mean, does Arya look bad or does she not look like herself?
I personally thought she looked fine.

Isn't that part of the fun?
Something like Smash pushes that as part of the fun. Everyone is as authentic as possible and nothing makes sense.

Here though at least in the trailer Arya is the only one that isn't from a kids tv show.

the-pi-guy

Nov 19, 2021, 01:00 AM Last Edit: Nov 19, 2021, 01:04 AM by the-pi-guy
Here though at least in the trailer Arya is the only one that isn't from a kids tv show.
Pretty sure there are more coming.

Lol it's not controversial to say different audiences can have minimal overlap, but you do you.
To be fair, aren't there Fortnite characters with little overlap?  

I don't know how many people will be bothered by that.

Legend

Pretty sure there are more coming.
To be fair, aren't there Fortnite characters with little overlap?  

I don't know how many people will be bothered by that.
I think fortnite just wants that skin money lol.

I'm not bothered by Arya being there. It just feels like a conflict of design goals. Maybe I just am too nostalgic for War of the Whiskers.