Qualcomm: Quest 2 is at 10 million sold

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 16, 2021, 06:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Qualcomm CEO Says Quest 2 Is At '10 Million Units''

Qualcomm is the company that makes the chipset for Oculus/Facebook/Meta.  

the-pi-guy

10 million in the space of a year is remarkable.  

BananaKing

shame. Thats a lot of VR headsets. With PSVR2 coming, the VR userbase could grow to a level that software sells well and is sustainable.

Is this the gen VR becomes mainstream? Are we going to get VR games that are breakout hits and change the industry?

Legend

shame. Thats a lot of VR headsets. With PSVR2 coming, the VR userbase could grow to a level that software sells well and is sustainable.

Is this the gen VR becomes mainstream? Are we going to get VR games that are breakout hits and change the industry?
I think that already happened last gen. Beat Saber for example is everywhere and gets played by celebrities on tv.

BananaKing

I think that already happened last gen. Beat Saber for example is everywhere and gets played by celebrities on tv.

Beat saber is cool and all, and I would definitely want to play it. But its more akin to what Rockband was on PS360. A simple game that appealed to a lot of people.

Im talking about the GTA3 of VR, that game that will push it to the masses, push VR game design wise, and just changes the whole industry. a new Mario 64 of gaming.

Dr. Pezus

Speaking of... When the f are they going to put it on sale