Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Release Date :December 8, 2021

Platforms : PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series

Developer : 343

Publisher : Xbox Game Studio

Legend

I've entered media blackout. Skipping this trailer.

the-pi-guy

Legend

kitler53

trailer was bad imo. 

i think halo will serve well as the poster child for how open worlds can make games worse not better.  i'm not entirely shitting on open worlds, they have there place.  ...but halo has been more of an "uncharted" game to date and its going to loose a lot of those carefully crated cinematic set-piece gaming moments.   this game is looking real flat and clearly, imo, open world is to blame.  open world rally works better with a game focused on explorartion. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Shall we throw in the metacritic betting?

Legend

Shall we throw in the metacritic betting?
Still has over a month to go but sure? You seem to have been pretty good at organizing them as of late.

trailer was bad imo.

i think halo will serve well as the poster child for how open worlds can make games worse not better.  i'm not entirely shitting on open worlds, they have there place.  ...but halo has been more of an "uncharted" game to date and its going to loose a lot of those carefully crated cinematic set-piece gaming moments.   this game is looking real flat and clearly, imo, open world is to blame.  open world rally works better with a game focused on exploration.
I think Gears 5 had similar complaints with a few open sections so it's kinda silly but not too surprising that 343 is doing the same thing here.

Halo has traditionally had very large combat arenas but they have also had really good flow. So many open worlds just feel aimless with random targets on a map.

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

I think it's about time for me to start my Halo marathon. Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. No reach or odst because they are dlc outside gamepass. (although maybe I'll pull out my discs and try to play them)

Legend

Started halo ce on the 20th anni. Got a trophy for it.

Level design is so so so bad. The rooms just keep on repeating. There are arrows on the floor to keep you from getting lost.

Legend

Oh golly g I didn't think it could get any worse, but then the game had me go backwards through the whole area!

Finished the whole game and although it was very dated, it got me hyped for Infinite.

Speaking of infinite, the general impression from what I gathered is that the multiplayer is great fun but has significant issues with microtransactions, this being one example.

Gears 5 tried selling individual weapon skins for $5 each and there was so much anger they had to change their whole system. Today 343i is selling a single gun skin for $10. : halo

the-pi-guy

Metacritic

Same rules as the GOW thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction.

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

RESULTS WILL NOW BE SCORED SO THAT AN OVERALL WINNER CAN BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. IF YOU HAVE THE CLOSEST PREDICTION, YOU EARN POINTS: SCORE +=100-(high prediction-low prediction)*2. IF THE FINAL MC FALLS OUTSIDE YOUR HIGH AND LOW PREDICTIONS, YOU LOSE POINTS: SCORE -=50.

Review embargo ends when the countdown ends. Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till that time.

100:
99:

the-pi-guy

Legend

Halo Infinite Campaign Co-op and Forge Mode Releases Pushed Back - IGN

Co-op campaign and forge mode delayed.
The cracks are starting to show again. I could see the metacritic going so many different ways at the moment.

Go Up