Xbox Gamescom August 24th 6 PM BST

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 09, 2021, 11:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

kitler53

so i didn't miss anything?

i read this article:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/24/22638193/xbox-gamescom-2021-news-trailers-flight-sim-forza

didn't see anything much.  i was almost excited for a second about stray blade based on the description it seemed like something i'd be in to.  then i watch the trailer and it is clearly a low budget effort.  maybe it ends up okay but doesn't seem like something to be truly hyped out.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

as I read around the internet,.. it would be really easy to not even know Ms had a show yesterday.   there is like zero press and not even much for threads on gaming sites. 

wow. 

BananaKing

as I read around the internet,.. it would be really easy to not even know Ms had a show yesterday.   there is like zero press and not even much for threads on gaming sites.

wow.
It was easily the worst show I ever seen. Easily.

Honestly I could never imagine a show being this bad.

kitler53

It was easily the worst show I ever seen. Easily.

Honestly I could never imagine a show being this bad.
lol.

I can't imagine why.  I only read that summary article but it seemed like a standard gamescom conference.  

a few smaller announcements.  depth on some recent announcements.  a montage.  

on paper it look fine.  ..but I'll take your word for it.  I have no need to watch a bad show. 

the-pi-guy

Aug 25, 2021, 01:26 PM Last Edit: Aug 25, 2021, 01:31 PM by the-pi-guy
as I read around the internet,.. it would be really easy to not even know Ms had a show yesterday.   there is like zero press and not even much for threads on gaming sites.

wow.
https://www.polygon.com/22638378/crusader-kings-3-ps5-xbox-console-royal-court-release-date-dlc?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Wasteland 3: Cult of the Holy Detonation is the last DLC for the game • Eurogamer.net

lol.

I can't imagine why.  I only read that summary article but it seemed like a standard gamescom conference.  

a few smaller announcements.  depth on some recent announcements.  a montage.  

on paper it look fine.  ..but I'll take your word for it.  I have no need to watch a bad show.
I wish it showed depth.

The age of empires segment (coming out in two months) was a history channel style segment about trebuchet.

BananaKing

lol.

I can't imagine why.  I only read that summary article but it seemed like a standard gamescom conference.  

a few smaller announcements.  depth on some recent announcements.  a montage.  

on paper it look fine.  ..but I'll take your word for it.  I have no need to watch a bad show.
Well I stopped in the middle because it was so bad.

Flight simulator... it was interview with a dev that talked about regular updates, he even mentioned they been doing them every month. And then said there is a top gun dlc, but they can't show or talk about it because the movie is still under wraps. So basically it was all nothing.

Then age of empires. They didn't show the game. They literally showed a video explaining how a trebuchet works. It was literally like a section from the history channel.

Dying light 2 trailer. Okay this was alright. Its seems like a good game, one im excited for. But then also they were talking way too much

Indie montage of games you'll never even remember.

And then they started talking about xcloud and I was like im done with this shame.

So about halfway through the show it was literally nothing new, it was all stuff we seen before. And like 60 or 70 percent of the show was people talking their awkward scripted dialogue.

It was a trash show.

Go Up