Horizon Forbidden West State of Play on May 27th

Started by the-pi-guy, May 25, 2021, 01:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Excited to finally see this game. The reveal was such an anti-climax, I should have been super happy with a sequel announcement to one of my favourite games ever but it was a pretty poor announcement with it being basically a teaser trailer. The voice-over being almost the exact same as the original game reveal is so weird and cross gen doesn't fill me with excitement.

Lets see if the actual gameplay looks like it will be a big leap forward and if this SoP can ignite the hype.

Xevross

Does this mean no big Sony show in June this year though?

Legend

I am worried that is the case, but maybe not.

Will it still be set for release this year? If so, this could be pretty deep ala ghost of tsushima's state of play. Save notE3 for new games and short demos.

BananaKing

Excited to finally see this game. The reveal was such an anti-climax, I should have been super happy with a sequel announcement to one of my favourite games ever but it was a pretty poor announcement with it being basically a teaser trailer. The voice-over being almost the exact same as the original game reveal is so weird and cross gen doesn't fill me with excitement.

Lets see if the actual gameplay looks like it will be a big leap forward and if this SoP can ignite the hype.
Let's be realistic about H:FWs status as a cross gen game. HZD was planned for a late 2016 release, it was pushed back to iron things out till early 2017.

So the design team was planning the sequel in late 2016, just 3 years after PS4 released and just at the time PS4 Pro released. Of course they had PS4 in their platforms planned for their new game. To me it makes absolute sense that their game is on PS4. By that time they didn't have any concrete idea of what PS5 specs would be like, or when it would release

Xevross

May 25, 2021, 05:41 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 05:54 PM by Xevross
Let's be realistic about H:FWs status as a cross gen game. HZD was planned for a late 2016 release, it was pushed back to iron things out till early 2017.

So the design team was planning the sequel in late 2016, just 3 years after PS4 released and just at the time PS4 Pro released. Of course they had PS4 in their platforms planned for their new game. To me it makes absolute sense that their game is on PS4. By that time they didn't have any concrete idea of what PS5 specs would be like, or when it would release
Well yeah it makes sense but it's still a hype killer. Next gen only games are awesome, look at R&C. There's so much awesome or innovative stuff they could be doing that would make me so excited but it's gonna be held back.

Doesn't mean it's gonna be bad, it could be amazing, technically amazing too, it's just next gen stuff reaaaaally builds the hype and adds an extra element.

the-pi-guy

May 25, 2021, 05:48 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 06:01 PM by the-pi-guy
I don't remember if I saw it at the time, but Navtra on Era a while ago mentioned that the game was intended as a PS4 game and got delayed.

It was in a post where people were asking about God of War, and she insisted that GoW was going to be next gen only.

This would be an absurd disappointment if that was the case.

Xevross

I don't remember if I saw it at the time, but Navtra on Era a while ago mentioned that the game was intended as a PS4 game and got delayed.

It was in a post where people were asking about God of War, and she insisted that the game was going to be next gen only.
This would be an absurd disappointment if that was the case.
I just don't get why you would separate this from your big show if you're about to have one. Seems strange to me.

the-pi-guy

I just don't get why you would separate this from your big show if you're about to have one. Seems strange to me.
This is apparently a 20 minute showing of the game.  

Maybe they'll have a regular show, and only have a 2 minute trailer for it.

Xevross

Well, here's hoping.

kitler53

20 minutes on the 27th detailing all of the feature enhancements you would expect and predict.

1 minute trailer for the 'regular show' where they tease the robot zombie DLC.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Wonder why it has a countdown?

Will it be like the far cry primal reveal?

the-pi-guy

Wonder why it has a countdown?
I'm more wondering why they have a 5 hour countdown, and why was it announced in the blog?

Legend

I'm more wondering why they have a 5 hour countdown, and why was it announced in the blog?
That's what I mean. The countdown must be have at least something to it.

BananaKing

That's what I mean. The countdown must be have at least something to it.
I think its like the farcry primal thing. Nothing major or important to it. Maybe just a cool art reveal at the end

Go Up