PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

Sony have done a good of visually representing some of PS5s features

Legend

Reminds me that I still have to try Demon's Souls with my 3D headset.

Also lol at vr thrown in for a second at the end.

the-pi-guy

PS5 hardware supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) through HDMI 2.1. After a future system software update, PS5 owners will be able to use the VRR feature of compatible TVs when playing games that support VRR.
PS5 is compatible with 8K displays at launch, and after a future system software update will be able to output resolutions up to 8K when content is available, with supported software.
TV speaker virtual surround sound won't be available on launch day for PS5 but is planned for a future update.
M.2 SSD storage functionality will come to PS5 after launch with an upcoming system software update.
A lot to do yet.

the-pi-guy

Apr 22, 2021, 01:12 AM Last Edit: Apr 22, 2021, 01:49 AM by the-pi-guy
Regarding PlayStation 5 supply shortages and Japan:

"There are several reasons why PlayStation 5s are currently hard to obtain. Supply was extremely intricate under COVID-19, and distribution had to be online-only. Semiconductor supply and demand is also tight across the globe. We are asking our suppliers to increase production, and that will flow into the market in 2021."

"The current supply of PlayStation 5 in Japan is comparable to PlayStation 4 in the same period following its launch. We will continue to focus on the Japanese market and improve supply going forward."

"PlayStation 5 has a lot of software by Japanese developers from early on. And going forward, I would like to strengthen our ties with Japanese developers and release content for PlayStation 5 suited to the Japanese market."

Regarding the cloud games partnership with Microsoft announced in 2019:

"The conversation of exchanging ideas (with Microsoft) is ongoing. It's some extremely interesting stuff, and I hope to announce our cloud strategy when the time is right. While we could use the cloud for our technical infrastructure, the cloud game experience we offer will be unique to PlayStation."

Regarding competition for content such as Microsoft acquiring companies:

"We have been quietly, but steadily investing in high-quality games for PlayStation. And we will make sure the PlayStation 5 generation has more exclusive software than ever before. We have engaged in mergers and acquisitions several times in the past, such as with Insomniac Games. We will not rule out that option in the future."

Not worth a quote, but Ryan says that where sales usually peak in the third or fourth year of a console's lifetime, he can see a longer lifecycle for PlayStation 5 due to its health post-launch, and is more optimistic about the future now than he was a year ago.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot19-the-returnal-of-ratchet-clank-is-on-the-horizon.407436/page-133#post-63391722

From a gematsu writer but I can't find an article it came from.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Yeah boy!

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>ps5=ps3<br>

the-pi-guy

Been doing a lot of remote play, because my PS5 isn't set up with a TV.  
Our only TV is set up in the reach of the kids.  

Been remote playing to my PC.  And it's been very good for the most part.  

The past couple days have been oddly rough though.  Dropping from 720p/whatever to 144p, some stuttering, and some not accepting my commands.  Which is incredibly frustrating.

Aside from that it had been excellent.

At some point, I want to get the Sony X90J.  

the-pi-guy

Apr 29, 2021, 08:46 PM Last Edit: Apr 29, 2021, 08:49 PM by the-pi-guy

PS4:
Knack: 54
Killzone: 73
Infamous: 80

Xevross

PS4:
Knack: 54
Killzone: 73
Infamous: 80

Quite a big improvement.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Speaking of that, what is biomutant?

I've heard about it for so long but it seems to be reaching critical mass right now.

Dr. Pezus

Lol so downgrade to 25 percent the resolution

the-pi-guy

Speaking of that, what is biomutant?

I've heard about it for so long but it seems to be reaching critical mass right now.
I haven't heard much about it.  

It currently has a 63 on MC.  So eh.  

Was sharing because Series X is running at 4K60, while PS5 is running at 1080p60 for some reason.  

the-pi-guy

kitler53

The Medium rated for PS5
cool but from the review I saw I think this is not for me. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up