Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Just finished hollow knight. Absolutely amazing game. Loved it. One of the best PS4 games.

If I consider it a 2017 game it might actually be my GOTY for that year. Its just awesome.
Gooooooooooood gooooooooooood.

BananaKing

So I went back to finish uncharted the lost legacy after finishing hollow knight. Hollow knight just sucked me in and I was too taken by it and didn't uncharted.

Anyways its a great game, specially the final third. It shows that uncharted is about epic set pieces the most. It definitely was great, but the story/twist at the end was rather stupid

Spoiler for Hidden:
All this time hunting for the tusk and then its just to buy a bomb? Really? With the money they spent hunting the tusk they could have gotten a bomb. It was rather dumb.

I also for some fudgy reason started cod:ww2. Honestly the campaign is pretty great and fun. Its no GOTY but im having lots of fun with it.

kitler53

apparently I can't find the thread but legend was talking about maquette somewhere,.. I'll just drop my reply here.

does it get any better after the first hour?   this isn't very good right now.  too much lame story and barely any puzzle.  what puzzle is there isn't even that interesting. 

I don't usually drop a game but I'm thinking of dropping this one.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

May 14, 2021, 01:03 PM Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 01:05 PM by Legend
apparently I can't find the thread but legend was talking about maquette somewhere,.. I'll just drop my reply here.

does it get any better after the first hour?   this isn't very good right now.  too much lame story and barely any puzzle.  what puzzle is there isn't even that interesting.

I don't usually drop a game but I'm thinking of dropping this one.  
It doesn't get better but it's very short.

You are almost done.

My post:
PS5 |OT| ol' 15 poundy

kitler53

You are almost done.
at first i was like,.. battleship.   but then i looked up a walkthough and for fudges sake you are right.  this is at best a 3 hour game on the first playthough including time just messing around with the recursive mechanic?!?!?   the second playthough would be what,.. 20 minutes?

definitely my worst puzzle game of the generation.  :P

SWORDF1SH

Rocket League. Never played a game that makes you think you're good at it one game and crud the next.

kitler53

It doesn't get better but it's very short.

You are almost done.

My post:
PS5 |OT| ol' 15 poundy
well I finished it last night.  I'd say it did get better.  by that I mean the puzzles in the back half of the game were more interesting than the front half.  

but really short, even the best puzzles were pretty easy and uninteresting, still too much focus on a uninteresting story.

I didn't hate it but I'm glad I didn't pay for it. 

Legend

I finished Prey.

I'm tired but I liked it a lot.

Legend

Solid 8/10.

My 3 month hiatus didn't harm my experience too much but there were definitely things I missed/forgot from the early game.

Xevross

I played through Gears 4. It was very good, feels like classic video game. Just, fun video game. It's like the closest to a big budget blockbuster movie in video game form, just fun popcorn stuff. It's certainly nothing special, and at one point I realised it came out half a year after Uncharted 4 and I thought yeeesh. Gameplay feels very classic but bogstandard and repetitive, not much to break it up, just similar encounters over and over.

Anyway, I started Gears 5 and this feels like a huuuge step up so far, a massive leap for a direct sequel out only 3 years after. I'm interested to reach the controversial open sections, I'm expecting to not like them.

BananaKing

Did you like the open sections in uncharted the lost legacy?

Xevross

Did you like the open sections in uncharted the lost legacy?
I did but apparently Gears 5 doesn't do them that well

BananaKing

I did but apparently Gears 5 doesn't do them that well
They were alright for me. But the game got better when it went back to the more linear sections IMO

Legend

Was lost legacy ever free on plus?

I still need to play that.

BananaKing

Was lost legacy ever free on plus?

I still need to play that.
Don't think so. I got it on sale for 8 bucks. But I have the UAE PS+ and they sometimes have different games.

Go Up