General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

So I got a puppy, finally. And it's a golden retriever! So cute and fun. Only 8 weeks old and he's already pretty heavy (5kg!)
What's his nama!?

Dr. Pezus

What's his nama!?

Georg (Icelandic version of George) hehe

Dr. Pezus

Pretty funny that the breeder had named him Golden magnificent 'Game On'

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

the-pi-guy

Legend

It's funny the few times a game/movie is set in Colorado. These types of goofs can definitely pull you out of the experience.

the-pi-guy

I have mixed feelings on this.  

It feels too close to joke about it, but still.

the-pi-guy

I've been thinking about how environments get kind of taken over by people. Roads and buildings replacing trees and grass, etc.  

This is usually how the future gets represented, as an extension of that.  But are there any where things take a wildly different direction due to technology?

Something like we have bioengineered a new type of plant that grows in the shape of a road. So now we drive on plants now.

Legend

I've been thinking about how environments get kind of taken over by people. Roads and buildings replacing trees and grass, etc.  

This is usually how the future gets represented, as an extension of that.  But are there any where things take a wildly different direction due to technology?

Something like we have bioengineered a new type of plant that grows in the shape of a road. So now we drive on plants now.
Not that I know of. Best I can think of is nature "reclaiming" cities and people just making the best of it.

kitler53

Hopefully that's our real future. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I bought a new pair of headphones, figured my old ones were due for replacement. Especially as they tend to get taken by the kids.  

They were more expensive than the previous ones, but they are a lot worse. They seem to have stopped working already, despite being less than 2 weeks old.  

kitler53

I bought a new pair of headphones, figured my old ones were due for replacement. Especially as they tend to get taken by the kids.  

They were more expensive than the previous ones, but they are a lot worse. They seem to have stopped working already, despite being less than 2 weeks old.  

That's terrible.   

I do over the ear headphones and have always been happy with Sony's headphone.  I get the mid range ~$200 ones. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

At least you're definitely within the return window.

That's terrible.  

I do over the ear headphones and have always been happy with Sony's headphone.  I get the mid range ~$200 ones.
My PS5 3D headphones are great. Although I'm not an audiophile so maybe they're trash, I wouldn't know.

Go Up