The Last of Us TV show trailer drops

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 26, 2022, 04:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

SWORDF1SH

Well it's traditional for us to baby about casting so I'll just say, Ellie is cast wrong  :P

kitler53

Well it's traditional for us to baby about casting so I'll just say, Ellie is cast wrong  :P

i don't think we've seen enough to say she's not acting the part right.  she doesn't really look the part but i dunno,.. that doesn't entirely bother me. i thought bella was fine enough when she was on game of thrones.  she was kind of a saving grace i guess in an otherwise unredeemable, terrible story arc.  she just doesn't have those "daddy save me" "doe eyes" that was part of her look in the first game.   i think she'll do well in the growth and strength parts though.

all and all i think it looks good.   i'll just trust the creators know what they are doing at this point until i'm given real evidence that she was casted wrong.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

having not played the 2nd game i'm not expert....

...but some of those scenes are clearly from the 2nd game right?  The carousel in particular stands out to me.

Dr. Pezus

Wow I actually was surprised and really liked that! I think the casting is fine. Both good actors, or the little I've seen of the Ellie actress anyway she did a standout job.

the-pi-guy

...but some of those scenes are clearly from the 2nd game right?  The carousel in particular stands out to me.
Not from the second game.  

Spoiler for source:
<br>It&#39;s from the DLC of the first game. <br>

Dr. Pezus

...but some of those scenes are clearly from the 2nd game right?  The carousel in particular stands out to me.
It seemed to be mostly 1st game to me but the carousel is probably from Left Behind, right?

kitler53

gotcha.  haven't actually played that yet either.   

....soooooo far behind on my backlog.  i'm kind of stalled out on tomb raider right now.  i don't hate it but i don't love it.   i find myself just playing multiversus instead.

Legend

Twitter video quality sucks for me so here it is on youtube

Looks pretty great actually, I'm kinda surprised.

She might surprise me but that's my initial impression too. Although that's exceeding my expectations if only one character is uncanny.

SWORDF1SH

i don't think we've seen enough to say she's not acting the part right.  she doesn't really look the part but i dunno,.. that doesn't entirely bother me. i thought bella was fine enough when she was on game of thrones.  she was kind of a saving grace i guess in an otherwise unredeemable, terrible story arc.  she just doesn't have those "daddy save me" "doe eyes" that was part of her look in the first game.   i think she'll do well in the growth and strength parts though.

all and all i think it looks good.   i'll just trust the creators know what they are doing at this point until i'm given real evidence that she was casted wrong.
O it is the Game of Thrones girl. It'll be interesting to see how she handles a major role

Dr. Pezus

I think with this show in particular, acting skills are way more important than looking a lot like the character. I think she'll do well

BananaKing

I think with this show in particular, acting skills are way more important than looking a lot like the character. I think she'll do well
I think she is a really good actress, but she just doesn't fit the role

Its like a young al pacino playing the role of forset gump. He is a good actor, but just doesn't fit him