Russia is invading the Ukraine, how are we not talking about this.

Started by kitler53, Feb 21, 2022, 10:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

so I saw zelenskyy asked for aid in cyber warfare to deter russia.  ...so how does one go about helping?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Sounded like a few of Russia's allies were declining to support Russia.

And countries across the board are putting sanctions on Russia.

kitler53

I'm calling it now...

...Putin has such little respect for human life.  ...Putin has such little tolerance to anyone dissenting against his authoritarian rule.   ...Putin is in this for himself and doesn't actually give a shame about his country's citizen.   ...Putin is so old he has nothing to live for if his rule is not absolute. 

Putin will use his nukes. 

the-pi-guy

I'm calling it now...

...Putin has such little respect for human life.  ...Putin has such little tolerance to anyone dissenting against his authoritarian rule.   ...Putin is in this for himself and doesn't actually give a shame about his country's citizen.   ...Putin is so old he has nothing to live for if his rule is not absolute.

Putin will use his nukes.
On the one hand he's smart enough to know that the outcome would not help him.

On the other hand, his fragile ego might see it as preferable to being beaten.

I can imagine that China would start pushing hard if Putin started pushing nukes.

kitler53

On the one hand he's smart enough to know that the outcome would not help him.

On the other hand, his fragile ego might see it as preferable to being beaten.

I can imagine that China would start pushing hard if Putin started pushing nukes.
at the end of WW2 Hitler committed suicide rather than face the consequences of his action.    Hitler didn't have nukes.  

when Putin feels like defeat is near he'll choose suicide as well,..  but choose to take the hole world with him. 

china won't have time to do shame.  once the first nuke is launched it will be nuclear winter in a matter of minutes.  Russian isn't going to launch a "warning" nuke.  when they launch he'll launch all 1500 nukes at once. 

Dr. Pezus

at the end of WW2 Hitler committed suicide rather than face the consequences of his action.    Hitler didn't have nukes.  

when Putin feels like defeat is near he'll choose suicide as well,..  but choose to take the hole world with him.

china won't have time to do shame.  once the first nuke is launched it will be nuclear winter in a matter of minutes.  Russian isn't going to launch a "warning" nuke.  when they launch he'll launch all 1500 nukes at once.
Could they even do that? They haven't even been tested for decades

BananaKing

Its so.... interesting.. seeing how the west and people from the west have reacted to this war. Obviously its a crisis, unjust and a huge issue. And the blame and negativity putin is getting is all justified, and I condemn him too.

But Russia has been testing and using these same military weapons and tactics in Syria for years. Over 20,000 people died as a result of that consisting of both civilians and fighters. Hospitals, schools, infrastructure and more were destroyed. And what was the reaction to all that? Nothing. What sanctions were set on russia? Nothing. What kind of outrage did we see from the west? Nothing.

And then the suprise about one country invading another, it wasnt long ago when another country invaded and destroyed another country, when USA invaded Iraq under false pretenses, perhaps more false than putins current battleship reasons, perhaps not, which reason is more full of shame doesn't matter, as both of them are full of shame.

As far as using nukes, well its clearly a justified concern. But the only country in history to use nukes in war was the USA, and they did that when they were in a winning position. So honestly if things escalate (and which I really really hope they dont, as well as everyone here clearly does as well) I personally am more afraid that the USA will use nuclear weapons, again. The fact that the US also continously tries to justify its use of nukes before and acts like it has the moral high ground is more concerning. Because it shows they probably would do it again.

Im not posting this to silence or "guilt" people into posting about this, On the contrary, I am full of support of it and hope the extreme pressure Russia and putin are getting help make him back down. Having lived in the west and lived in 3 continents before, I know that people in the west dont get a lot of news of the shame that happens around the world, shame that happens in the middle east, Africa and Asia rarely gets reported. So it doesn't suprise me a lot of people dont know the shame Russia has did to a lot of people before.

kitler53

Dr. Pezus

Feb 27, 2022, 10:11 PM Last Edit: Feb 27, 2022, 10:14 PM by Dr. Pezus
Its so.... interesting.. seeing how the west and people from the west have reacted to this war. Obviously its a crisis, unjust and a huge issue. And the blame and negativity putin is getting is all justified, and I condemn him too.

But Russia has been testing and using these same military weapons and tactics in Syria for years. Over 20,000 people died as a result of that consisting of both civilians and fighters. Hospitals, schools, infrastructure and more were destroyed. And what was the reaction to all that? Nothing. What sanctions were set on russia? Nothing. What kind of outrage did we see from the west? Nothing.

And then the suprise about one country invading another, it wasnt long ago when another country invaded and destroyed another country, when USA invaded Iraq under false pretenses, perhaps more false than putins current battleship reasons, perhaps not, which reason is more full of shame doesn't matter, as both of them are full of shame.

As far as using nukes, well its clearly a justified concern. But the only country in history to use nukes in war was the USA, and they did that when they were in a winning position. So honestly if things escalate (and which I really really hope they dont, as well as everyone here clearly does as well) I personally am more afraid that the USA will use nuclear weapons, again. The fact that the US also continously tries to justify its use of nukes before and acts like it has the moral high ground is more concerning. Because it shows they probably would do it again.

Im not posting this to silence or "guilt" people into posting about this, On the contrary, I am full of support of it and hope the extreme pressure Russia and putin are getting help make him back down. Having lived in the west and lived in 3 continents before, I know that people in the west dont get a lot of news of the shame that happens around the world, shame that happens in the middle east, Africa and Asia rarely gets reported. So it doesn't suprise me a lot of people dont know the shame Russia has did to a lot of people before.

We've discussed some things here before

One Day After Warning Russia of Civilian Casualties, the U.S. Bombs a Hospital in Afghanistan

The Gaza situation: Disgusting display of evil

But there is of course some truth in this. The sad truth is that people care more when they can relate with or put themselves in the shoes of others. That's easier when the people are more like you in a cultural way among other things. Ukraine is also in Europe and Europeans worry about war coming to them as a result.

the-pi-guy

The other events were definitely talked about, but this does feel like it's getting more action than any previous event.
If I had to guess the big reason this is getting more attention is in part due to being a bigger country, and being in Europe. America definitely doesn't care as much about Africa and the Middle East, and Europe probably cares more about Russia getting closer to western Europe than they really care about the Middle East.

kitler53

apparently it is against the terms of service to google "hacktivism" or "hacktivist".

kitler53

darkknightkryta

I don't know the details of when they attacked Syria, but it appears they were in a position of power when they attacked.  When they attacked Ukraine and failed miserably, the world smelled blood in the water.  They saw the opportunity to destroy Russia and they're taking it.  Modern wars are fought with money, and Russia just North Korea'd themselves.

kitler53

so dumb question,...

as russia moves to block all information about the war from its citizens,.. what's to stop more private communications.  basically, is there any way to get a list of russian citizen's emails and just send them pictures of the war?

the-pi-guy

A lot of companies. McDonalds, Sony, MS, etc have halted sales in Russia.

I've never seen this kind of action.

Go Up