Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Oh I saw venom the other day. It was kinda good how bad it was.

Xevross

CM did $20.7M domestic thursday previews, which is great. Heading for around a $150M opening weekend. China opening weekend is heading for around $100M. WW should come in around $450M, challenging TLJ for the 6th biggest worldwide opening ever.

Xevross

Captain Marvel is a good film! A very good origin story and definitely written with the intention of releasing it a month before Endgame.

I'd say its mid-tier MCU. Definitely better than the Ant-Mans, Iron Man 2&3, Thor 1&2 and Hulk. Around Doctor Strange and Cap 1 quality. Reminded me of Iron Man 1 in a few ways, especially pacing. Lacking in action but I love all the characters and it had some good weird shame. Hyped to see Carol wreck shame in Endgame!

Legend

Green book was pretty good.

Legend

I'm more excited for shazam than end game.

Dr. Pezus

Say my name

Xevross

How does it feel being one of a kind?

:P

Xevross

Mar 10, 2019, 04:25 PM Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019, 04:29 PM by Xevross
Captain Marvel with a massive estimated $455M global debut. That beats Star Wars The Last Jedi and becomes the 6th biggest of all time. If you don't count China its still in the top 20 all time worldwide debuts.

$153M is the domestic estimate, although people think Disney are lowballing that a little bit. Still, that's the third biggest March debut ever, 7th biggest MCU  debut.

Awesome performance. $1B is pretty much locked, and I didn't expect Captain Marvel to hit a billy. Only disappointment is China, where it came in a lot lower than expected considering its presales. China number is still great, its just it was expected to be higher. Also it had the biggest Sunday drop for a superhero film ever in China, so legs aren't going to be good.

Xevross

Mar 11, 2019, 01:21 PM Last Edit: Mar 11, 2019, 01:30 PM by Xevross
My MCU ranking, upon reflection:

Top tier (10/10):
  • Cap Winter Soldier
  • Avengers Infinity War
  • Thor Ragnarok
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

High tier (9/10):
  • Avengers
  • Cap Civil War
  • Black Panther
  • GOTG vol. 2

Mid tier (8/10):
  • Doctor Strange
  • Spider-Man Homecoming
  • Iron Man
  • Cap First Avenger

Low tier (7/10):
  • Captain Marvel
  • Ant-Man
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp
  • Avengers Age of Ultron

Bottom tier (6/10):
  • Iron Man 3
  • Thor
  • Thor Dark World

Genuine bad film tier (4-5/10):
  • Iron Man 2
  • Hulk

Dr. Pezus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B2pXKlhLlw

Looks pretty good, just wish Jafar was more menacing

Xevross

Mar 14, 2019, 12:53 PM Last Edit: Mar 14, 2019, 12:57 PM by Xevross

Now this is how you do a movie trailer. Insanely hype while showing barely anything. Poster:

Aladdin trailer was also great, miles better than the teaser.

Dr. Pezus

Now this is how you do a movie trailer. Insanely hype while showing barely anything. Poster:

Aladdin trailer was also great, miles better than the teaser.
Really hype!

Xevross

Disney brings back James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy 3 | ResetEra

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-...ndefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/

EXCLUSIVE: Redemption and second chances have long been superhero movie staples, and today it looks like life has imitated art. I've learned that Disney has reinstated James Gunn as the writer-director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and I've confirmed it with Marvel and Gunn's camp.  Click to expand...  nice

Gunn is still doing Suicide Squad 2

Gunn's return to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 got complicated when he signed on to write and direct the Suicide Squad sequel for Warner Bros and DC. Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2  Click to expand...     
[/size]

Yes! fudge yes! Disney did the right thing.

Xevross

After poor initial legs, Captain Marvel is having a good second weekend in China. Heading for around a $150m total there, which is great.

Legs have been good every day so far elsewhere in the world, particularly in the US where it seems CM may challenge Wonder Woman's incredible $412M domestic record.

Worldwide, CM is heading for $1.1B and may land really close to Aquaman's $1.14B global total, which is pretty funny. I didn't expect this level of success, great start to the year for Disney and we're basically confirmed to get a new record number of billy grossers in a year now.

Xevross

Endgame trailer 2 is the second most viewed trailer in first 24 hours in history, second only to Endgame trailer 1!

Go Up